Night of Events

Armani's POV

I watched as Piper walked down the stairs, Jeffrey's eyes wide. When Darcy walked down the stairs, Marie was howling and cheering her on. But Amber wasn't even at the top of the stairs.

My mum cautioned me to wait as she walked up the stairs.

"I'm coming, I'm coming. Just thinking." I chuckled at Amber's little voice, Mum laughing. "Okay, I'm done thinking.." She peeked around the corner before Mum slowly pushed her into view. My jaw dropped, Michael nudging me.

I gulped.

"Do I have to walk down with these heels?"

"I'd like if you did." Judy suggested as she snapped pictures.

"Please do this fast." I spoke quickly, bouncing on the balls of my feet.

"Be patient." Jayden nudged me.

"Shut up." He chuckled as Amber walked down the stairs, holding a pair of white flats in the hooks of her fingers. I walked over to her and held her head as I kissed her lips. "You look amazing."

"I feel amazing." She grinned as I rubbed her arms.

"Would it be cheesy if I say you are amazing?" Amber laughed, forcing a smile onto my face.

"Incredibly, but thank you."

"Oh, um, I have a corsage for you. Uh, Mum?"

"Yes?" She turned her attention away from Piper and Jeffrey.

"I need my corsage."

"It's on the kitchen counter." I nodded and went to grab it, seeing Jamal and Crystal playing at the table. Jamal actually looked like he was having the time of his life as I picked up the box and brought it to Amber. She was taking pictures with her parents on the couch.

"Here we go." Amber smiled as she stood. "I plucked out the thorns with my mom's tweezers, don't tell her."

"She didn't have to, you could have at least taken the thorns off my tweezers. I pricked your father's face." Mum spoke.

"Why does dad need tweezers?"

"Those bushy eyebrows." Mum chuckled, "Just a small trim."

"Okay, mum." I grumbled as I pulled the corsage onto her wrist, kissing her forehead. Judy handed Amber my boutonnière, leaning down in order for her to stick in it the buttonhole.

"Perfect." She sighed, "I'm so anxious, like I'm excited then curious then scared."

"Why scared?"

"That I'll fall on my face or something will happen.."

"No need to worry, all you need to think about is my dance moves." Amber laughed. "I get them from my mum."

"I can't wait to see them then."

"Baby boy!" Marie grabbed my face, smothering her lips on my cheek.

"Marie!" I whined, Amber laughing. Marie continued to kiss my face, embarassing me immensely. "Please stop."

"I'm sure this pretty young lady doesn't mind me."

"No, not at all. This is entertaining."

"Marie, stop." Mum groaned, "I need to take pictures of them."

"Thank you mum." She just pushed us over to the stairs as started snapping pictures.

"Okay mum, can we go?" Jayde asked after we all took pictures.