Chapter 4- Breakfast

"Rise and shine, girls!" Mrs. Weasley said. "I tried to keep breakfast warm for as long as I could, but it's going on lunch now," she said as she left the room.

"Er, Mum, what time is it exactly?" Ginny asked, sitting up in bed and stretching. Hermione sat up and faced the door, waiting to hear Mrs. Weasley's response.

"About noon, I would say," she replied. She then left them to go wake up Harry and Ron.

"I can't remember the last time I slept this late," said Hermione.

"I can. Although I lost my own brother, which has been the worst thing that has ever happened to me, I knew that there would be no more of that. No more sleepless nights in the dormitory wondering if the three of you were okay, Mum and Dad, all of my brothers. Because I knew I didn't have to worry anymore, the minute we got back to the cottage I slept from eight pm to one pm. I felt guilty though, because no one else could sleep," Ginny remarked, staring at her bedroom wall.

The two girls sat in silence for a moment. Hermione didn't know what to say. She had experienced loss in the past, but nothing like Ginny's loss. After a long pause, she broke the silence.

"Let's go down for breakfast," Hermione said.

***

"Are you three planning on returning to Hogwarts this year?" Mrs. Weasley asked, while putting plates of eggs and and bacon in front of the four young adults.

"Seems rather pointless, doesn't it?" Ron remarked, reaching for a piece of toast. "We're done."

"Done?! Ron you've got to be kidding me! We spent the majority of the school year out in the woods camping searching for horcruxes!" Hermione said, exasperated.

"I think I've learned more out of Hogwarts than in it," Harry said. "Nothing, except maybe Lupin's class, could have ever prepared us for the battle."

"Oh, please can we not talk about the battle!" Ginny said. She got up from the table and went out the kitchen door into the garden.

"I'll be right back," Harry said, and quickly followed her.

"Well anyway,  I really do plead you all to go back to Hogwarts in September, it's always good to finish what you started. Well, I'm going to go finish Ginny's Christmas sweater. Actually, I'm running out of maroon for your sweater, Ron," said Mrs. Weasley. She quickly peered out the kitchen window to check on Harry and Ginny, who were sitting on a bench in a garden. She then left the kitchen.

"After all these years, I still HATE maroon!" Ron exclaimed, as soon as she was out of earshot.

"Why don't you just tell her then?" Hermione asked.

"I don't want to make her upset or something. She's been making these sweaters for me how long now, almost seventeen years? It just doesn't seem worth it." Ron responded. Just then, an owl arrived outside. Ron got up and opened the door and let him in. The owl was a tawny owl, and was carrying a copy of the Daily Prophet. As soon as Ron took the paper, the owl flew away.

"Is that the Daily Prophet?" Ginny called from the garden.

"Yes. The results of the quidditch matches are in the back. If I win, you owe me three sickles!" Ron shouted back. Harry and Ginny ran into the house to look at the sports page.

"Haha! I win," said a happier Ginny. "Now hand the money over, Ron."

"Alright, alright, I'll get it." Ron said, annoyed. The two siblings walked out of the kitchen and upstairs.

A/N: Oooooooo! Look who's alone ;) yes I ship harmione #sorrynotsorry . Let's see where this goes