18

Mary's point of view:
We finally stopped in the middle of the lake. There was no one there it was just me and my gang. I loved we didn't have to worry about being jumped or fitting in. None of my ex's were here. For once there was no stress like that and it was great. As I was thinking this I was admiring everyone in the gang. Pony is so smart and has so much potential. Soda is the most caring human being and he has great looks i thought admiring my twin. Darry is so damn strong and responsible. Johnny is so humble one day he's going to have a big happy family unlike the one he has now. Steve is such a workaholic but he's always there to kick ass if I need him. Two-Bit is so funny and he's so protective. And Dallas....well he's Dallas. Ya know he's pretty cool. Oh who am I kidding he's the love of my life. I'm so screwed I don't fall in love that not me. I try to push people away but it's hopeless. I'm in love with Dallas fucking Winston. If my mom and dad were alive they would kill me not so much my mom. I was snapped out of my thoughts "MARRRRYYYY!" Two yelled. I snapped out of my thoughts just in time to catch a beer being thrown at me. I look at Darry and gave him a look like your going to let me drink this look. "Don't get use to it kid" he said to me as he smirked and gave a little chuckle. I then climbed to the top of the boat and put to towel down. I then heard a bunch of splashing. I looked down to the water where the whole gang was splashing each other and having what seemed like lots of fun. "Hey cutie get down here!" Dallas screamed as I look at him. As Dallas said that Steve gave me a cat whistle. Earning him a smack on the back of the head from my very protective brother Soda. God I love my gang. "Watch out!" I screamed standing up on the top of the boat. "Don't you do it!" Darry yelled at me but it was to late I did a backflip of the boat. "That was awesome!" Johnny said giving me a high five. The whole gang cheered. After swimming for a while we went to the boat to dry off and have a few beers. We then went to the little island to have did which of course was hotdogs.

Dally's point of view:
"Hey why don't we go to the boat and watch the stars babe?" I asked Mary who was flinging a fiery marshmallows at Two-Bit. "Yea sure thing." She said giggling at the fact she finally hit Two. "Hey I'm watching you two." Darry, Soda, and Pony all said in sync. I just winked and waved at the with a mischievous face. "They mean it!" Johnny said with a little slur from all the beer.

Sodas point of view:
The whole gang watched as the swam to the boat. "I want someone to look at the way Dallas looks at Mary!" Steve whines as we all give a small chuckle. "They're really in love aren't they?" I questioned in realization to the fact. "Yes they are." Pony said looking at his hands. "You think they'll get married?" I questioned as I heard giggling and watched as the playful silhouettes push each other around. "I hate to admit but yea I see the way she looks at him and the way he looks at her. Your going to have to welcome Dallas to the family soon." Two said nudging Darry. We all sat there quietly. I looked over at my oldest brother. He was looking in the distance. Where we all watched as the silhouette finally calmed down and snuggled up next to each other.

Darry's point of view:
I sat there as I came to the realization that my baby sister is growing up. She's in love. "Mom called it ya know!" Soda yelled and pointed to me and Ponyboy. I chuckled at the fact that he was right and no one else knew what we were talking about. We all sat and just kept watching the silhouettes. I was deep in thought. I was thinking of how my mom and dad would react. Though they weren't always a fan of Dallas's chooses in life I think they would approve not just because they are truly in love but because my sister is just as bad as Dallas. The funny thing is is when they are together they balance each other. They care to much about each other. I was snapped out of my thoughts as I saw a shooting star go over the boat. It made me smile and feel like my parents are here.