Chapter 17: Taki's

(A.N. This is directly after the school day ends, so we can see Tessa get ready. On another note, I have a theory that Jem is Josh Ramsay from Mariana's Trench. He's had both black and white hair and he's into music like Jem and I feel their personalities are extremely alike, especially if Jem had been raised in modern times. And he's exactly what I always have imagined Jem looking like. If you don't know who Josh Ramsay is please google him or something because his band is amazing.)

Tessa

Tessa's school day was over quickly, and she had way too much homework for one person. Advanced classes are killers. She couldn't even focus a lot, though, her mind was occupied all day. With her internet best friend, Will. A.K.A. Nerd_Ruler, A.K.A. The person Tessa was to meet for the first time in real life, tonight.

As soon as her last period bell rang, she said a quick good bye to Cecily's brother, William, who was in a huge rush to leave for whatever reason. She didn't have much time to dwell on her roommate's odd brother, however, because Cecily ran into the room the second Tessa got her stuff together. She had an odd gleam in her eyes.

"Hey, Cecily. Why are you here?" Tessa asked kindly. Cecily gave her a bit of a confused look and replied, "I'm helping you get ready to meet Will tonight, obviously. Are you ready to go to the dorm?" Tessa grabbed her things and let herself be lead out of the room by Cecily. "I'm as ready as I'll ever be."

Cecily and Tessa ran into Jem on the way to their room. "You know what to do?" Jem asked Cecily, nodding his head to Tessa dramatically and making some type of code hand signals to Cecily that Tessa had no chance of understanding any time soon.

"I know exactly what we need. It'll be fine." Cecily assured Jem, and he nodded curtly in response. Then Jem left promptly and Cecily dragged Tessa the rest of the way to their dorm. "Okay, Tessa. I've already looked through your wardrobe and I don't feel like any of it screams 'Hey, friend I met online that I have developed feelings for' Instead, we look about the samew sign so try on this dress." Cecily stated, throwing Tessa a dress. That shade of blue was exactly the same color as Cecily's eyes.

It took Tessa a while to put the dress on, but it looked great. It accented her curves and the color went surprisingly well with her eyes, skin tone, and hair. (A.N. It's the dress in the media picture at the beginning of the chapter.) Cecily smirked as Tessa walked out of the bathroom. "He is going to love this. So are you by any chance wearing a matching underwear set?" Cecily mumbled.

Tessa blushed bright red and gasped, her eyes widening, "If I am it's because of coincidence not because of anything you might be thinking. Aunt Harriet would kill me, and just no!" she exclaimed. Cecily laughed and shook her head, "Just kidding, just kidding. Time for make up."

That's when Cecily began her magic. "Sit in the seat. Do you want to watch Sherlock or Merlin? I'll never forgive you for getting me started on that if it breaks my heart, by the way." Cecily said, grabbing the remote. "It's a BBC thing, so no promises. And no spoilers. But yeah, let's watch Merlin." Tessa replied. Cecily quickly switched to Merlin on Netflix and started where she left off.

Next, Cecily started on Tessa's skin. Tessa didn't really need much makeup, so Cecily just put some foundation and concealer on, and putting extra concealer under Tessa's eyes. That girl stayed up way too late way too many times reading. Next, Cecily went for the eyes. She did Tessa's eyeshadow first, putting a mix of gray, blue, and white that made Tessa's eyes pop. After that she put on really heavy mascara and used liquid liner to wing Tessa's eyeliner.

Overall, it was a bit more dramatic than Cecily did for Tessa for school, but that was okay. Considering Tessa was meeting a friend for the first time. A friend she might have developed a slight crush on over the years. Sometimes when she thought about it, it was crazy. Certifiably insane. Who would date someone they had never even seen? It was  just that, you never fall in love with how someone looks, that's infatuation, you fall in love with their soul. Whatever it may be, their soul is what you fall in love with. Wait. Love?