Chapter 3: First Encounter

۞ Chapter III: First Encounter ۞

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

>Ice’s POV<

The kingdom is the worst place you’ll ever want to pick when you wanted to read a book especially when it is attention-grabbing. It’s very chaotic there every time Reiyu and Valletta argues, while Angel and Miwori are playing a game of tag. Plus, Claire and Jemrah will help you lose your focus and your temper, too.

I left the kingdom and headed straight to the forest while holding my book, which was neither thick nor thin. I wanted a quiet place to read this.

After a long walk, I spotted the perfect spot. A big cherry tree, which was surrounded by small grasses, was standing at the middle of the forest. Nearby trees were at least ten meters away from the tree. The moon, together with the stars, was shining brightly.

I noticed it was the only cherry tree standing in this forest. I sat on one of its roots and opened my book. Before I got here, I sensed an aura which was oozing with power but it’s still asleep within the body of the beholder of the aura who was very near. I bet the bearer was behind the bushes I was facing.

>End of Ice’s POV<

>Medea’s POV<

=Flashback=

The black aura was getting stronger and stronger by the second. I saw a silhouette of a tall boy with a book in his hand walking towards the cherry tree. ‘What am I going to do? He’s coming this way!’ I thought to myself, thinking of a better plan to eradicate him.

As I readied myself to launch an attack, I’m surprised to see what happened. He sat on one of the roots of the tree and read the book he brought. ‘Is he the possessor of the black aura? He looks so calm and gentle.’ I thought.

=End of Flashback=

The boy closed his book and stared directly in my eyes. ‘He can see me through these bushes? What is he?’ I thought.

“I know you are in there, so please come out.” He said. ‘Is he pertaining to me?’

“For the second time, please come out.” He pleaded again. I came out of my hiding. He looked at me and smiled calmly. I felt heat rose to my cheeks and hurriedly looked down so he can’t see my blush.

“I’m Ice. What’s your name?” The boy said.

“I don’t talk to strangers.” I said in a shy but strong voice.

The boy laughed and looked at me. “I’m not a stranger if you let me introduce myself to you nicely.” He said.

I finally had the courage to look at the boy. The light from the moon gave me a better look of him. He was very handsome with cute features. He had a platinum blond wavy hair, a pair of beautiful sky blue eyes, and very cute lips.

I cancelled the Doll Magic I put in the ground a while ago and sat beside him.

“Well, as I said earlier, I’m Ice. I lived far away from here. I went here for a reason that I want to read this beautiful book in peace.” He said while looking at me.

“I-I’m Medea Frazer and I’m a mage at Astral Pylon Academy. I’m practicing to be a wizard.”

“Oh, why are you here then? You’re supposed to stay in the academy.”