Chapter 6

Okay so this chapter is in a different POV. I won't say what POV it is at the beginning of every chapter, only the ones that are not in Annalise's POV. So if it doesn't say a POV, then it's Annalise.

Enjoy!!

Chapter 6

Dylan's POV

I was working with Marius the day the letter came. I was inside helping him roll bandages to put into his traveling bag. I couldn't do much around there, but wherever I could help, I did.

"Do you think the Princess is doing already?" I asked Marius. It had been a few days since we were called to the castle to help heal her. I could see the spark in her eyes when she saw me. She shouldn't look at me that way. I was a commoner. She was the Supernatural Princess. I didn't even belong in her world.

Marius looked up from the table. The tie strings on his peasant shirt were still swinging from the movement he had been doing. "The Royal Healer, Allen, said she is doing great. All of her injuries are healed," he told me. Glad she was doing alright, I breathed a sigh of relief. I didn't know what I would do if something happened to her again. The first time made me want to hit the person that did that her her in the face.

********

Later that day, Marius was reading while I tended to the fire when there came a knock on the door. "I'll go see who it is," I told Marius. I stood up, brushed off my hands and knees, and walked to the door. When I opened the door, I was met with a Royal Messenger. He was in black pants and a deep purple long-sleeved shirt. In his hands was a white envelope.

"An invitaion to the engagement ball of Princess Annalise and Alpha Marcus for all of the persons in this cottage," the Messenger said and handed me the envelope. I took it and nodded my head as a thanks. The Messenger walked away from the cottage while I shut the door.

I stood there for a few moments staring at the envelope in my hands. She's engaged? She had said before that it was Marcus who had hurt her. Why was she marrying him?

"What's that, lad?" Marius asked me. I held out the invitation to let him read it. After he had finished reading it, he looked up with a smile. But why was he smiling? The Princess was marrying Marcus.... "Oh, how nice!" Marius exclaimed. "Our Princess is finally getting married. Of course I'm going to the ball." He paused and looked at my confused face. "Are you going also, Dylan?"

Why wasn't Marius as upset as I was at this? He was extremely upset when the Princess told us about what had happened to her. What made him change his mind? I thought back to what else the Princess had said to us that day. Wait....

"I need to go to the ball."

Ooh, mysterious. So how did you guys like this chapter with Dylan's POV? Please tell me what you guys think. I know it's short, but the next one will be longer. I promise. Surprisingly, even though I've been super busy, I managed to write this chapter, the next one, and outline the next one! I feel very productive. Anyway, if you liked this, comment, vote, and/or follow me!!

Dance like no one is watching!

-Abigail :)