Nineteen

The feeling of hurtling to earth was not a calm one. My back was burning, the skin right on my shoulder blades was aching even worse. I squeezed my eyes as I went through the air, desperately trying to push out whatever wings my mother said I had.

They never came.

The ground hit me fast, a huge boom followed with me plowing into the earths dirt. I felt the buzz of being in an unfamiliar pack territory, groaning as I tried to stand up. I heard girlies around me, dismissing them because they wouldn't be able to see me, only feel my energy and power.

I looked up when ten wolves crashed into the clearing, all of them searching around for a threat. The Alphas big black wolf stared at me, growling as he shifted into his human form.

"What are you doing here Rogue?" His beta looked at him confused, staring straight through me.

"Alpha, what're you talking about? There's no Rogues here?" I smiled, walking forward to the paling Alpha.

The skin on my back ripped, my wings unfurling behind me. They reflected silver in the light, exactly like my wolf. Their wingspan was at least ten feet, the feathers moving in the wind.

Now they would fucking show up, not when I'm crashing through air.

"My name is Lena, I am-"

"Your the Princes mate!" The alpha was pale as a ghost, all of his pack mates looking at him concerned and afraid. None of them could see me, so I'm sure he looked insane right now.

"You're dead." He whispered the last part, his eyes wide as his heart rate rose.

"Not yet. I'm trying to find my body, and you're going to help me. Do you mind me asking what state I'm in?"

"Alpha Nicholas, what the hell are you doing? There's no one there!" His Beta shouted, the Alphas eyes still trained on me.

I sighed, rolling my eyes as I felt the molecules within my body shift. Growls rang through the air as I became visible, the wolves standing in front of their Alpha in defensive crouches. I looked at all of them, waiting for realization to crash into their brains.

And crash it did.

All of their eyes widened at almost the exact same time. They looked at me as well as my wings in disbelief, their bodies slacking a bit before they resumed standing before their Alpha.

"Tell me what state I'm in, I need to go back to my body, back to my mate." The Alpha nodded slowly, his mouth gaping open. "Look, Alpha Nicholas is it? The only reason they can see me is because I'm letting them, but it is causing me to tire out. The reason you can see me is because the Goddess herself chose you to help me. I need to go back to Washington, my empty body is there and so is my mate, Tyler."

The sheer mention of his name caused my heart to hurt, my molecules shifting again as I left the normal wolves line of vision. I fell onto my knees as the Alpha rushed forward, his eyes concerned but still guarded as they took me in. My wings curled back into me, my eyes shutting as almost all my energy left me.

"Maybe you should sleep here, in the pack house for the night." I looked back to him, shaking my head.

"I've been gone for too long, nearly three months. Angels and Demons alike are going to try to take my soul, I can't put your pack in that type of danger." He shook his head at me, taking my arm and pulling me up gently.

"As the future Queen, let me. You need to sleep, and rest. We're in Maine, your trip will be long." I sighed in defeat, following him closely.

I felt my body shift and allow myself to come into view, letting those around me see my dirty clothes and grime covered skin. He led me through dense woods, letting us out in a clearing with a small three story house. It paled in comparison to the castle, it pales in comparison to the pack house from weeks ago.