Chapter Two - Dear Insanity

-James Cassells POV-

It couldn't be, it couldn't be her, this isn't real. I had to think fast, and I did. You're probably wondering what I'm talking about right? Why I had fast instincts when Ben and Danny had that girl? Yeah well...I know that girl.
She was my best friend. Until I moved away with my parents, we lost contact. I don't know why, it just..stopped. The reality of actually seeing her again except practically lifeless is surreal. I always knew she was broken but never like this.
You see we met when she was 13, she had ran away from her care home. I spotted her while hanging out of the music shop , smoking. She was crying and she needed comforting. So as a nice person I walked over to her, sat down and asked her what was wrong..

"Hey are you okay?" I mumbled.
She made soft little sniffles and nodded slightly. "Yeah, just got a cold you know.." She sniffles once more.
"Hey I know the difference between sniffles from a cold." I smiled.
She looked up, her bright sapphire eyes staring into me, like they were a doorway to her mind and soul, like I was on the journey to see everything.
"So what's up?" I shuffled closer to her.
She turned away and let out a big sigh.
"I want to go home" she sniffled. "But it's not that simple" she whispered.
"How so?"
"Because I don't have a home" she turned to me her eyes back at me, puffy and red.
I looked at her rosy lips. "Everyone has a home silly" I chuckled hoping it would make her smile.
She stretched her shirt sleeve and wiped her face. "Not me sadly" she sighed.
I drew more closer to her. "How come?"
"You really don't want to know" she forced a smile onto her face and then began to play with her hands.
She stopped, let out a breath, then held her hand out to me. "Shane" she said.
"James" I smiled at her and shook her hand.
"So James, tell me why you were so eager to help me" she smiled. Her smile was crooked, you could tell she was faking it.
"Well you looked distressed and well, you looked like you could do with someone cheering you up and you landed with tatty old me" I chucked, stood up and took a bow.
"Well then, are you going to cheer me up?" She raised her eyebrow. I looked at her hands.
"Considering we are complete strangers, and rebellious teenagers, I say, you come with me" I grabbed her hands and pulled her up. "It'll be fun" I giggled.
"Fuck it!" She smiled, this time it was real. "Just fuck it all!" She threw her arms up in the air.
I grabbed her hand again and we began to run.

Back to reality..I was sat in Danny's living room holding a beer in one hand, and a cigarette in the other.
"Wow James! what are the odds of seeing her again!" Sam exclaimed.
"I know, it's worrying" I mumbled.
"Why is it?" Danny asked walking from his little kitchen area.
"I don't know, it's like it's a sign, we find her, pretty much half dead and it is a girl from my past, kind of freaky. I mean I'm happy and all it's great but I'm still full of the creeps" I shuddered.
We heard a door creak.
Ben and I shot up and headed towards the spare room. We saw her. Shane.
"Hey you're awake!" I forced a smile.

-Shane's POV-
I felt the urge to just pass out again, but I couldn't. I wanted to.
"J-James" I whispered softly. "It's you" I held my bandaged arm and made my way closer to him him, I stopped as I was right in front of him, looking up, he was looking down. I slowly raised my good arm, and using only my fingertips, traced his jawline and lips.

Then I slowly swung my arm back forcing my hand to hit his cheek, smacking him, leaving a red mark.
"Of all the fucking people to find me, you find me! Is this some sort of joke? Did Lindi put you up to this?" I roared.
"Ouch what the fuck Shane!" He shouted holding his cheek.
I turned around, what was going on, where am I?
I looked around, realising who I was with.
James' band. Fuck.
What an impression I must of made in front of my idols.
"It wasn't me who found you!" James shouted. "It was Ben!" He pointed behind me.
I looked and there he stood. Ruffled brown hair, stubbly face and extremely tall. Nothing like the pictures, in real life he looked so much better.
"Hey there" Ben waved awkwardly and put his hand back in his pants pocket. "You're welcome by the way" he smiled.
"Oh-right-thank you" I said, panic struck me. "I guess" I mumbled to myself.
"Sorry to interrupt your soap opera but Shane-if you don't mind me calling you that, why slap James?" Danny stood In front of me with a mischievous smirk holding back on his face, like he was about to laugh.
I shrugged. "He knows why" I folded my arms. "Don't you Jamsey boy." Anger struck now.
"You left me." I said. "I was in hospital and you left me. Right when I needed you most!" Tears began to fill up in my eyes.
"Shane you know I never meant to, I didn't have a choice, my parents kicked me out, I had nowhere to go and I tried going to the hospital but they wouldn't let me see you! I had nowhere, so I had to! I waited! Believe me I waited, I couldn't wait anymore I had to do what was best for me" he exclaimed, pain in his voice.
"A note would of been nice, a phone call maybe a text something that would keep me in good mind about you! So I wouldn't worry or feel alone!" Tears started to fall down my face now. I felt embarrassed more than anything.
James walked closer to me. "I know. I tried. God knows I tried. But Lindi wouldn't let me. She said I was bad for you. And that hit me like a shit ton of bricks too. I'm sorry Shane. I am so fucking sorry." He pulled me into a hug, I was numb. I felt nothing and that hurt, I was reunited with my one and only best friend and I felt nothing for him.

James pulled away eventually and sat me down on the stool that was connected to the kitchen counter. Black marble, with dark wooden cupboards and red cutlery visible through the cupboard windows.
Ben sat beside me and spun me around, taking a look at my arm and peeling the bandages off.
James had gone to the bathroom to examine his face.
Danny leant on the counter and observed Ben, who was observing my arm.
"Lucky" he said throwing the bandages in the bin. "Thought we were going to have to take you to a hospital" he smiled.
"Or worse" Danny chuckled. "A funeral home"
"Danny!" Ben glared.
I couldn't contain the small laugh I felt rising up, I just blurted it out. "It's okay, it was funny" I giggled.
Ben sprayed a small cotton ball with some green liquid, I'm guessing it was to cleanse my cuts. It stung and I but my lip in pain. Ben, using his other arm grabbed my hand and I squeezed it while my eyes watered. I fucking hate medical kits.
"It's okay" he reassured me. "Probably should of gave you some warning-my bad" he laughed.
"I'll go get some more bandages" Danny said softly leaving me and Ben alone.
It was an awkward silence.
"Why did you do it?" Ben sighed pointing at my arm.
I looked down. "I guess I wanted to feel something" I sighed. The sigh was the only thing I could do that wouldn't make tears fall down my face. I had to hold them back, I was done with crying.
Danny came back and helped Ben wrap the bandages around my cuts.
"Still hurt?" Danny asked.
I shook my head. "Not as much". I hopped off the stool and headed towards the sofa in the living area. James came out of the bathroom, the redness on his cheek slowly fading.
"So now what?" Danny clapped.
"She's staying with us." James said. Staring right at me.
"Wait-what?" I jerked up. "James I can't just stay here, you've seen me for what like ten minutes give or take a few? You think seeing me for such a short time is gonna make me want to pack up and leave with you?" I gasped.
"I know you can't stand being with Lindi" he smirked.
How did he know I was still staying with her?
"I saw the messages in your phone, you're still trying to run away?" He raised his eyebrow.
I bowed my head. "It's not my home" I whispered. "We both know that" I sighed.
"Stay here then, with us?" He sighed too.
What was I supposed to do?