▪ Chapter 2 ▪

▪ Chapter 2 ▪

Your invitation has been accepted. You are now connected to the Private Messenger with Christine Day.

Golden eyes stared at the message while their owner's jaw hung ajar. Had he chosen a girl with a tendency towards insanity? Hadn't he mentioned in his biographical section that he wore a mask?

"Erik is insane." He whispered to himself, drawing away from the computer and glancing longingly at his morphine, waiting patiently for him. The drug called to him but he turned away from it and clicked through the link enclosed in the email. The Private Messenger opened moments later and presented him with an empty message box.

What do I write?

His mind blanked for a moment before he began to tap away at the black keys.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Dear Mademoiselle,
Thank you for accepting my invitation. How would you like to plan our meeting?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Well, I work part-time at a dinner so it must be on a Thursday, Saturday, or Monday. Perhaps this Saturday?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Yes, that should work nicely. What time would you prefer? My days are completely free.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Well, that depends on whether you were planning on a meal or not? Maybe we can just get together for the afternoon?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

A meal wouldn't be an inconvenience. Unless you have someone else entitled to dinner with you, perhaps five?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Sounds great! And, no, I don't have anybody who'd care if I have dinner. :) So, five o'clock on Saturday. Shall I bring something to go along with the meal? I'd be glad to help even if I can't cook well. Maybe I could pick up something from the store?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Your offer is appreciated but that shouldn't be necessary. If it should become imperative, I could let you know?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Oh! By all means! Just message me sometime during the week if anything comes up.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

As you wish. Is there anything in particular to which you are allergic? Or, something you dislike?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Not really. I have a mild allergy to milk fat but it's very mild and only shows itself after too high of a consumption so please don't worry about it.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Are you sure? I wouldn't want your day to be ruined by an allergy?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

No, don't worry. I shall avoid it for the rest of the week and nothing will go wrong.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

As you wish. I shall be careful though.

▪▪▪▪▪▪

Thanks! Will we be meeting at your house or somewhere else?

▪▪▪▪▪▪

My house would be most convenient for me. But, if you are uncomfortable, we could find another venue.