Chapter 21

Emma's P.O.V.

I come through and find myself in my hospital bed. I have the energy to open my eyes and look around the room. I see someone sleeping in the chair next to my bed. My back feels better, but I'm still a little sore.

"Emma?" I recognize Louis's voice. He stayed here with me? What about Sophie? His fiancé? Does she know about this?

"Emma, I need you to say something. I need to know that you're alive." His voice cracks.

"I need to hear your voice. I need to hear you laugh. I need to see you smile. Oh, that beautiful smile. I need you to yell at me. To correct me when I'm wrong. To listen to my problems. To be there for me. To love me back." He puts his hand on mine. I decide that enough is enough. I can't just lay here and listen to him pour out his feelings without any reaction. I wrap my hand around his.

"Emma!" He hugs me gently so it doesn't hurt too bad.

"I thought that I lost you." He says into my hair. I wrap my arms around him and I wince but keep hugging. He still loves me and I love him. We both can't deny it. I don't know if my pain killer made me forget about reality but I kiss him. And he kisses me back. My face has basically healed so it doesn't hurt that bad. He is careful not to touch my back, but he still comes on strong. After 10 minutes he lays down next to me. We both are panting.

"What are we going to do?" I turn to face him.

"You're getting married and I have a boyfriend."

"I don't know, Em. We can't stay away from each other, no matter how hard we try."

"But, if we stay near each other, we will continue to cheat on Niall and Sophie. They don't deserve that."

"You think that I don't know that?" He snaps.

"Don't snap at me. Especially when I'm in a hospital bed." I correct him.

"I'm sorry." He looks at me. We sit looking up at the ceiling.

"The doc said that you should be home in 2 days. That's good isn't it?" He breaks the silence.

"I guess. How long was I out of it?"

"Three weeks." What? That long?

"I thought that you were..." He stops.

"Well, I'm not." I smile at him. He smiles back.

"Well, since no one's around..." He looks at me with a smirk. I press my finger to his lips and silence him.

"Let me stop you there." I laugh and begin to kiss him again.