24. Te Amo, Mi Todo

Some things...are just to be accepted than repelled. And some things are bigger than us than to simply understand from their exterior.
______________
"Where are you now?

Was it all in my fantasy?

Where are you now?

Were you only imaginary?"

-Faded, Alan Walker

_________________

I wake up drenched from my sweat, my bones feeling oddly cold and my skin hot and bothered over them.

My mind rings with memories, ones that almost tethered away. I breathe in the calm air at a fast pace, looking around and noticing it's almost dawn as it wasn't as dark outside.

"Maybe it's too soon."

"You're too young, and you already have a family."

"You'll never make it work."

"They never last, youthful decisions."

"Well there you have it! She's g-gone now!" I yelled into the silence, my voice cracking as I feel the familiar stinging tears in my eyes.

I remember. Maybe not everything, but I remember that day three years ago.

And I really wish I hadn't. 

*

"Baby, this is what you came for! Lighting strikes ever-"

Edward ceases all movement once he sees me staring at him unamused, his cheeks flushing deep red as he quickly pulls out his headphones and pauses the song.

God, he's such a teenager.

"D-dad..." he drags in embarrassment and scratches his head. "You needed something?"

"Yes, where is my phone?" I raise my brow.

He raises his own brows in confusion, and I can see right through the bull. "What? Isn't it with you?"

I stare at him for at least two long minutes with a deadpan expression.

He huffs and sighs loudly. "Are you sure?"

I shrug. "I just really need it. I have to get back to work, you know."

He's already walking through the mess in his room to his dresser and looks through one of the drawers. He walks over and hands it to me.

I try taking it, but his grip is still tight on it. "Edward..." I let out an exasperated sigh.

He let's go, and I shove it in my pocket as I step away from his doorway and head towards the stairs. I hear him close his door, and I reach the living room and finally turn on my phone as I sit on the couch.

I'll leave everything for later...I need to call Mick for now.

I'm bombarded with notifications, as I expected, and I ignored them as I went to my contacts and called Mick. This will be a long talk.