A News Bulletin And An Uninvited Guest

Ally

"Eye witnesses have reported seeing the couple taking a stroll in the Monaco Harbor, with Verstappen's hand caressing his girlfriend's belly. Does this mean there's a little Max on the way? Stay tuned to find out. After the break we..."

I mute the TV, throwing an "I-told-you-so" look at Max, but he just shakes his head.

"I told you a hundred billion times don't do that, because it looks weird and now people know!" I say, trying to accentuate how I feel with dramatic hand movements. Max looks me dead in the eye, and slowly placed his hands on my stomach. We both stay quiet for a few seconds, then burst out in laughter.

"This is my baby too, and I will protect it from all dangerous things." Max winks, giving me a peck on the lips. I sigh loudly.

"What? From the wind? Seriously, the baby will be fine, and you need to tone down your anxiety, I don't want you dying of a heart attack." I grin at the love of my life.

"Besides, the baby is only five weeks along, it's like the size of a sesame seed. It's well protected." I smile up at him.

"A sesame seed?" He asks incredulously, and I can't help but laugh.

"To be honest, I can't believe you haven't Googled it yourself!" I giggle, and he blushes sheepishly. He pulls me closer to him, smiling down at me.

"I'm going to protect what's mine. And that's you two, so please don't do anything stupid?" He pleads, and I roll my eyes.

"Yes sir." I wink just as he leans down to kiss me. When I kiss him back, I can feel my heart start to beat faster. He still does that to me.

"I'm heading out to the gallery to hang some of the paintings, could you come and help?" I ask when we pull away from the kiss.

"Oh babe, I can't. Daniel and I have gym assessments. I can't skip it. I'm sorry." He says with a genuine apologetic look in his eyes. I smile, and kiss his nose.

"It's fine, don't worry. I just need to start making it an actual gallery." I wink. I turn to the kitchen counter, searching once more for my keys. After a few minutes I just grab Max's.

"I can't find my keys, I'm taking the Merc." I inform him while grabbing my satchel and my phone.

"I  loooooove you!" I yell before slamming the door shut and heading towards the elevator. My mind keeps on circling back to the miracle inside me. I've been thinking of names, but I haven't told Max just yet...

I thought if it was a girl, we could call her Emmie Jane. A perfect blend with Emma, Sophie and Victoria Jane. And if it's a boy, Lian, keeping the Emilian part of Max's name. I smile to myself while driving to the gallery. I can't wait four this adventure to begin. Sophie was so excited about the news, she nearly cried. Jos on the other hand...

I park Max's Mercedes and walk up to unlock the gallery's door, closing it behind me.

Let's just say Jos had mixed feelings about it. I still don't know what he said, because he reacted in Dutch, but Max reassured me afterwards his dad is happy about it.

I try to push the thoughts out of my head, focusing on my immediate goal: To get the gallery looking like one.

I have four finished paintings up in my studio, and I want to hang them to get a feel of my first exhibition. I dock my iPod, and turn the volume up. Dancing along to the song, I carefully lift the first painting up, carrying it down to the gallery. I mark the spot, and carefully hang it, making sure it's stable.

"This looks great!" I praise myself out loud before heading up for the next painting. The second one gets hanged across from the first, and the third one against the wall concealing the staircase up to the studio. I skip up the stairs for the fourth painting, feeling myself being rather out of breath.

I need to get into shape for this baby, I make a mental note, just as I hear the gallery door swing open. I smiled relieved.

"I'm up here, Love!" I shout to Max as I sit down at my desk, looking for receipts of the canvasses I bought. Secretly, I'm relieved he could make it, the canvas-hanging was tiring me.

I hear the heavy footsteps on the iron staircase, and I turn around, smiling at Max. Suddenly, my heart skids to a halt. It's not Max, it's Mila.

"Oh, sorry Mila, I thought you were Max..." I trail off, smiling awkwardly. She smirks, slowly nodding her head.

"I'm sorry to burst in here like this, but I saw the car outside, thought I might see Max around." She says casually, still standing at the top of the stairs.

"Oh no, he had assessments with Dan today. But I came with his car." I smile, but she just stares at me. A deadly silence falls between us, and I'm grasping for something to say to her.

"So are the stories true?" Mila asks, something very icy in her voice.

"What stories...?" I ask, but when I catch her staring at my stomach, I realize what she means.

"Uhm, yes. Max and I are expecting." I smile as I say the words. Something in Mila's eyes change, her eyes have a pained expression in them. Out of nowhere, she starts to laugh.

A loud and crazed laugh.

Suddenly, her eyes focus back on me, giving me chill down my spine.

"You stupid slut. You stole my Max away from me. He was supposed to me mine!" She whispers viciously, taking a step closer to me. By instinct I take a step backwards, feeling the desk press up against me.

"Mila, I don't understand what..." I try to ask, but she cuts me off.

"Shut up. I'm tired of listening to you. You don't deserve Max. You don't deserved having his baby!" She shouts, and for the first time, I see the shining blade in her hand. My eyes widen as I realize what this means.

"Mila, please, let's talk about this. Please put the knife down." I plead, protecting my belly with my hands.

She's a few feet away, but still inching closer.

"There's nothing to talk about, Allison. You stole what's mine, and if I can't have him, no one will." She spits at me, and I try out back away even more.

"Mila you can have him, take Max, just let me go." I plead, tears streaming down my face. Mila is right in front of me now, smiling in a sinister way.

"It's too late now my dear, you have to pay." She whispers, and with no warning, she plunges the knife deep into my side.

At first, I felt nothing. My hand touched the wound, and when it came up, it was stained with my own blood. Then the pain came. It was like an electric bolt splitting my side, burning me from inside.

I cry out, falling to may knees, trying to step the bleeding while Mila was standing over me, laughing in a sinister tone.