Chapter 16 - Bleeding.

YOU!’ I screamed at Joanh and with all my remaining power, punched him in the face.

‘Ugh what did you do that for?!’ he shouted back, covering his nose as it started to bleed.

I turned around and ran as fast as I could to William. I glanced back at Jonah, panting, as he fell to the ground and rested his head on the floor. I picked up my phone from the grass; luckily it wasn’t broken, the screen was a little cracked but there was still signal.

‘That’ll teach the b….’ I muttered under my breath, but didn’t finish my sentence. I couldn’t bring myself to call him anything bad. Images of William on the floor flashed through my mind and I ran faster, blinking the pictures away. The alley way was in sight now, so I pulled out my phone and fumbled over the buttons, to find 999. I squinted my eyes to focus on the alley way, and the Shadows had left. Only a boy was left, crumpled up on the floor. William. I pushed forward with all my might as the phone rang.

‘Hello, this is the emergency services. Which service do you require?’ A respectable young woman’s voice answered after what seemed an eternity.

‘Ambulance please’ I gasped into the phone as I reached William. He was moaning and clutching his stomach.

‘Ok and where are you calling from?’ Her voice stayed calm, unlike mine.

‘Just outside Ambridge Park, in the alleyway leading to Prestwich Avenue.’ He was whispering something that I couldn’t quite hear. I fell to my knees beside him.

‘What is the nature of the phone call?’

‘It’s my friend… William. He’s been hurt’ the words tumbled out.

‘How badly is William hurt? Did he fall over? Is he bleeding? Is he breathing?’ I removed his hand from his stomach carefully. Blood. Everywhere. Covering every inch of his t-shirt, covering every part of the visible skin underneath.

‘He’s been stabbed. He’s bleeding everywhere’

‘OK, the services will be there in a few minutes. Keep him breathing ….’ I hung up. I didn’t need to hear her calm,comforting voice ;I wanted to panic. Tears sprung to my eyes.

‘William, it’s going to be ok, everything’s going to be ok, I promise, everything is fine it’s not that bad’ His eyes were squeezed closed tightly and he was groaning, as his hands clutched his stomach.

Try to stop the bleeding I instinctively though, so I took off my jumper and my shirt, leaving only a vest on in the cold winter night, and unbuttoned his bloody t-shirt and placed my white t-shirt over his cut. Soon a pool of red had formed on it. His face was shockingly pale and I started to get scared.

‘Keep breathing William’ I urged him on, trying to soothe him, praying for the sirens to approach. Suddenly, the sirens screeched out close, no more than a few roads away.

I leant down and kissed him as he shook, and tried to hug him as he lay there. It was the only way to comfort him. He kissed back and I knew he was holding on. The sirens got closer. Only a few minutes now. I pulled away.

‘It’s going to fine. They are here now.’ I reassured him and he nodded, before screaming out. His eyes shot open then closed again. ‘Stay with me' I reassured him, he whimpered in response. ‘For me.’ I added and his face crumpled up in  pain. I became aware of a presence behind me. I turned around, quickly enough to see the black shadow behind me, and the boy in the black leather jacket running up behind, towards me.

‘DON’T TOUCH HER’ he screamed, blood trickling down from his nose. I blinked as a hand smashed into my face.

And then it all went black.

_____________________________________________________________________

Pretty short chapter compared to last time; but hopefully still a good one :D

Keep reading! Comment, fan and vote please! I really appriciate it :)