Chapter 14 - Trouble sitting on a park bench.

I woke up next Saturday to the sound of my phone bleeping.

‘Probably William’ I thought out loud. It was only 6 days into the relationship; 6 days since I told him I loved him finally. But every morning without fail he’d text me good morning followed by some form of compliment, which always made my day. I wasn’t really a morning person, but I loved waking up for those texts. I lay there for a few moments longer, reviewing how brilliant my life and my boyfriend was before I rolled over and unlocked my phone.

‘1 new message; William mobile.’

I opened the text as I sat up.

‘Good morning beautiful I Hope you slept well, missing you. W,xxx’

That familiar smile crept onto my face and my cheeks flushed a slight shade of red. I was just about to reply but my phone bleeped and a new text popped up on my screen.

‘1 new message; Unknown’

‘HI, busy 2day? Wnt 2 meet up? Jonah x’

Jonah? What did he want? He hadn’t talked to me in half a year! Well... I didn’t have much to do today so might as well see what he wants.

‘Yeah um OK. Why?’ I replied then led back down waiting for the reply. A few minutes later came

‘We need to talk. See you at the park in 30 mins.’...well that was a little odd. I threw on some jeans and a hoodie, brushed my hair and then my teeth and left.

By the time I reached the park (the one Jonah and I used to always meet up at); Jonah was sat on the bench. I approached him, taking in his black leather jacket, his black skinny jeans and Beatles t-shirt. I looked around at the few dog walkers, but apart from them we were alone. I don’t know why I expected a lot of people in a park on the edge of town at 9.30am.

He didn’t look up until I said ‘Boo!’

His eyes shot up and he jumped slightly before letting out a chuckle. His gorgeous deep laugh. NO … stop thinking that.

‘Gosh give me a heart attack then’ he said acting all cool like he didn’t fall for it, then winked when I burst out laughing.

‘So it’s been 6 months since we talked, why want to talk to me now?’ I asked, not meaning to offend just genuinely interested.

‘Because you can’t be friends with someone.’ He replied.

‘Um explain?’

He stood up and turned to me. He grabbed my hands and pulled me up, but didn’t let go of my right hand. He started walking so I followed.

‘You’re with William, right?’

‘Yeah…why?’

‘You need to stay away from him. I mean stay far far far away from him.’

‘He’s my boyfriend. No!’ I dropped his hand and stopped walking.

‘Why?’ I asked not quite understanding why he didn’t want me around my boyfriend.

‘He’s …dangerous. I know about him, Zara.’

What about him?’ surely he couldn’t know about the murder...

‘You know.’ And the look on his face told me he really did know.

‘How did you…?’ I looked away.

‘A friend’ he started walking again.

I followed, almost tripping over my feet.

‘Who?’

‘Doesn’t matter. Just stay away from him. I mean it. He’s going to get hurt and I don’t want you to get hurt too.’

I stopped following him, pushed his arm around so he was facing me and said with force,

‘No! He’s my boyfriend! I do what I want. I’m not leaving his side. I don’t care if I get hurt. Who are you to tell me what to do?!’

He replied calmly, ‘I’m sorry if you get hurt I tried to warn you. I just care about you, that’s all.’

‘Why start now?’ I asked, a year’s worth of jealousy spiking every word.

He looked back at me with a sullen expression, though I could tell he was hurt. He tried to cover it up and I smirked. He looked right into my eyes.

‘Don’t like you huh? Think I don’t care huh?’ he was so gorgeous when he was angry. He leaned in quickly, grabbing hold of my waist but I reacted and pushed him back  just in time.

‘Don’t kiss me!’ I recoiled, disgusted.

‘I love you Zara. Please trust me’

‘But..But…Alice and you and’

‘I don’t give a sh*t about that desperate girl. I care about you, it’s always been you Zara.’ He was getting angry now that I wouldn’t believe him. He pulled me closer and moved in but I turned my head to the side so he ended up kissing my cheek. Tears sprung to my eyes.

‘No stop doing this to me! You play with my feelings. I’ve just got into a good relationship and now you’re breaking me down. Leave me alone.’ I pushed him back by his chest but he didn’t move a muscle. Why was he so strong?

I pushed through his arms and walked as fast as I could.

‘Zara, remember what I told you; get away from him. It’s for your own good.’ I heard him shout behind me but I walked away faster.

‘Listen to me! I know what they are planning. ’ He was closer now, jogging behind me.

‘ I CAN’T DO THIS AGAIN’ I screamed, my voice breaking. How could he play with my feelings? I loved him and now when I’m happy he has to mess it all up? He knew he was playing with my feelings.

With all my remaining power, I turned around and shouted ‘leave me alone!’ hoping he’d hear it, however far away he was. And as the tears threatened once more to escape, I sprinted the half mile home.

___________________________________________________________________

Oo, Why is Jonah back? What is he talking about?

'I know what they are planning'

Please comment, fan and vote! It really means alot to me :) Ok, will upload soon! Thank you to all those still reading! <3 Keep reading :D