Chapter 8

Read and please review!! <3

-----------------------------------------

Kate got back to the precinct about 8 leaving Rick to compose himself, well as best as he could. Maybe he would join her later on in the day, she could only hope. When the elevator opened she could see both Ryan and Espo busy on their computers. She was glade that they hadn’t questioned her running after Rick. This had obviously shaken both of them as well and probably Lanie.  As she got to her desk she could see a post it note next to the phone that said Call Lanie, ASAP.  She quickly went down to see what Lanie wanted, hoping it wouldn’t take too long.

“Hey Lanie, why did you want to see me?” Kate questioned as soon as she stepped thru the morgue doors.

“How are you holding up, must be a little bit freaky?”

“Yeah I’m okay; Rick is at home trying to rest. So again what did you want to show me?”

“Okay, she died because of blood loss from the carotid artery, she died within about 2 minutes after the cut was made. TOD is around midday the about 9 hours before her fiancée found her. I would say your killer used a scalpel or something that is every similar.  But that’s not why I wanted you to come down here. I was going through every body part from the crime scene and I found something usual” Kate glared at Lanie. “There was an extra finger. It is a left index finger and from blood typing I can tell you it is from a female”

“So that means we have another victim. Is there anything else you can tell be about it?”

“From the looks of things this woman’s finger was removed about 6 hours after she died then put into the fridge with the other body parts  so that puts her time of death at about 10-12 the night before.”

“Okay we have a second victim and its definitely a female who died about 36 hours ago. I’m going to go back up to the precinct and see if anyone has filled any missing person’s reports in the last 2 day. Bye”

“Cya later, call me if you need me to do anything.”
“Always”

Kate when back up to the precinct, when she arrived at her desk there was something she wasn’t expecting. Rick. As soon as she stepped out of the elevator she saw him. She didn’t know why he was here; she didn’t think that he would be here until at least tomorrow. He thought different.

Rick got to the precinct and Kate wasn’t there. Probably down talking to Lanie. He waited for her, after about 20 minutes he had this feeling that she was back. He turned around to see Kate with a puzzled look on her face but she still had a smile, so that was good. Kate walked back to her desk and sat down next to Rick who was on his own chair. He looked at him and then leaned it to him as if she was going to whisper to him. Rick leaned in too and waited for her to talk to him.

“What are you doing here, I thought you wouldn’t be back to tomorrow”

At that very moment Ricks phone rang.

“Castle”

“Daddy it’s me” Alexis said in a worrying voice through the phone.

“Hey, sweetie. What’s wrong?”

“Someone has sent me a letter.”

“What sort of letter?” Rick still didn’t know what she was talking about. He had a puzzling look on his face and Kate picked it up. She mouthed to him ‘What’s wrong?’, he replied ‘Alexis’.

 “A bad one.”

“Okay, Alexis I’m down at the station with Kate. Do you think you can bring the letter but put it in a plastic bag?”

“Yeah, I will be there in about an hour.” She hung up after the words left her mouth. She quickly got the letter and put it in the bag and left her dorm room, and headed to the train station. *AN: I know I put Alexis at Harvard but I have changed her to Columbia* When she got to the precinct Kate and her dad were waiting for her as soon as the doors opened. They directed her straight to the conference room. They both of them didn’t know what was going on but by the looks of the Alexis face it was something really bad.

“Alexis, honey what’s wrong?” Kate asked when they all sat down.

“I got a letter from someone. I don’t know who it is but I think it might be you killer in the case you are working. Dad called me and said some stuff about it and I think that this person that wrote the note is him” Alexis got the note out of her bag and handed it to them. There was nothing special about this note, I looked like a normal blank bit of paper with neat handwriting on it.

‘ Dear Alexis,

You don’t know this but I have killed for you. You might suspect who I have killed, they looked like you but you will always be my favourite. There will be more. I might stop, I might not. It’s up to you. I would like to meet and then maybe I could stop killing. You have always been beautiful and everybody around you knows it. I have always known who you are and I will never stop loving you. Meet me at the Public Library on 11 west 40th street at 3pm tomorrow, I hope to see you there.

-          You know who…’

“Dad, Kate I think I should go.” Alexis told them with a slightly fluttering voice once they read through it.

“No Alexis, you can’t. This man is obviously very dangerous.”

“Rick, she will do it no matter what you say” she turned to Alexis. “Either myself, your dad or one of the boys will be there with you when you go. I will be back; I have to tell Gates and then Ryan and Espo.”