Chapter 3

Chapter 3

Ashton walked into class as quietly as he could and sat down in the seat that was the closest to the door. He listened as the teacher gave instructions for a group project.

"Alright, listen up class! You guys will be divided into five groups. There should be a total of four people to a group. In your groups, each person will be given a topic to write about for ten minutes. After the ten minutes are up, you will switch papers with a person in your group and pick up were they left off. You will continue to do this until each person in your group has had all of the four topics and then you will share the finished stories with the class. Now you may get into your groups."

The class erupted with noise as students chattered excitedly, running about the classroom to claim group members.

Ashton remained seated and sanked down into his seat, knowing that no one would select him. He hated doing group projects. No one ever picked him and he disliked when the teacher had to force someone to be in a group with him.

A desk was pushed up beside his and Ashton looked up in surprise. A boy with blond, dishelved hair sat down and smiled over at him.

"Hi, I'm Jonah. Nice to meet you." He said in a deep, chirpy voice, sticking his hand out for Ashton to shake.

Ashton hesitated before grasping Jonah's hand and shaking it.

"I'm Ashton."

"Cool. So it looks like we're short two people." Jonah said

"Yeah." Ashton mumbled

Jonah looked over at Ashton, "You don't talk much, do you?" He asked

Ashton blushed, "No. Not really."

Jonah grinned, "That's okay. I'm a huge talker."

Ashton blushed again. Jonah was taller than him and handsome. His blond curls along with his sparkling blue eyes complimented his lightly tanned skin perfectly.

Why did he want to be in a group with Ashton? He'd barely said two sentences.

"Okay. It looks as if majority of the class ha-  Jonah your group is missing two members."

"Yeah we are."

Ashton watched as Jonah quickly scanned the classroom for two people to join their group. It looked as if everyone was apart of a group.

"It seems as if I'll have to make an exception. Very well then. Lets get started  class."        

The classroom volume quickly escalated as conversations in every part of the room began to take place.  

Jonah and Ashton worked quietly together with Jonah asking a few questions between paragraphs. Ashton was surprised at how relaxed he felt around Jonah. He began to realized that he was enjoying the company of another person besides his mother and father.     

"Alright class!" Ashton jumped at the sound of his teachers booming voice. "Let's wrap it up. Class dismisses in five minutes."  

Ashton quickly finished the last of his paragraph before packing his things up. Jonah added his paper to Ashton's and took them to the assignment box at the front of the class.

Just as Jonah returned, the bell began ringing. Ashton attempted to shuffle out of the class without being stop but he failed miserably.

''Hey  Ashton, wait up!" Jonah shouted

Ashton sighed heavily but stop nonetheless.

"Where are you headed?"

"To Math."

"No way. So am I dude." Jonah exclaimed excitedly.

Ashton cursed mentally, "Cool."

Jonah chuckled, "Dude let's  go."

As they shuffle into class, Ashton eyes briefly landed on Jake before looking away. Seeing Jake brought back memories of this morning's events.

Ashton blushed. He couldn't believe he'd acted like a frighten school girl in front of the principal. Now he had to meet  with for two weeks. Wait. Did he say starting today or tomorrow?

Shit! He couldn't remember. Surely he didn't want to start today. Right?

Jonah sat in a seat in the middle of the class and Ashton had no choice but sit next to him.

As class began, something hit the back of Ashton's head. Already knowing who the perpetrator  was, slowly he turned around to glare at Jake.

"Knock it off asshole." He hissed

Jake flipped him the bird with a vicious smirk on his handsome face. He really was handsome under all that evil.

Despite his hatred for Ashton now, Jacob was once Ashton's best friend. Until he found out that Ashton was gay. Things change after that. Jake changed and stop hanging around. He found new friends and began bullying Ashton.

His parents had questioned Jake's absences at family activities that he normally participated in. Ashton had constantly made excuses until his parents no longer accepted his bad attempts at justifying Jake's disappearance out of their life.

If his parents found out that Jake bullies him, his father would more than likely be in jail for beating Jake to a pulp; which is why he keeps it a secret.

Ashton drowned out the Jonah constant chatter along with the teacher's monotone voice for the rest of class.

When the bell began to  ring, Ashton had no idea what their assignment was and look over at Jonah.

Jonah grinned and held up a paper that had "Class Assignment" scribbled in the top right corner.

Ashton sighed and flashed Jonah a relieved smile, "Thanks."

"Hey, do you eat lunch with someone or something?" Jonah asked as they exited the classroom

Ashton looked up at him, "No, I don't have any friends. Can't you tell?"

Jonah frowned, "What does that mean?"

"I'm not very talkative."

"So? I told you I'm a huge talker! You know what? We're officially best friends now." Jonah stated, grinning like Cheshire cat.

A small smile found it's way on Ashton's face. He had a best friend now. A bubbly, talkative, pushy best friend.

Cool.

****

It was later on that night, as Ashton lay in his bed that a pair of midnight eyes flashed inside his head along with a deep, seductive voice.

"You will come to my office everyday after school for two weeks and we will discuss some of the issues you have. Starting today."

Shit! He missed his first meeting.