Chapter 2

I walked out of the house, flyer in hand, and hopped onto my bike. I headed out biking along the road while listening to music just admiring the scene before me. I was lost within my own thoughts that I didn't see the man in front of me. I looked forward and shrieked, I twisted my handlebars to the side, trying to slow my bike down before we made impact. I closed my eyes and feared for the worst until my bike halted to a stop. I slowly opened my eyes to see that there was no one there in the first place. Weird I could've sworn I saw a man... whatever, I must've been too lost in my mind. I unplugged my earbuds and continued to bike on carefully.

I finally made it to the town, it wasn't anything special but it had that nice old timey feeling to it, which I liked. I would've asked the locals where the asylum was if it wasn't so blatantly on the of a hill in the middle of the town. I trudged my bike up the steep hill until I finally reached the opening of the asylum. I leaned my bike on the side of the building and walked in.

There was a teen at the front desk, about the same age as me, who was doing paperwork and writing things on the computer. I walked up to her with the flyer in hand. She looked up at me before I could speak.

"Sorry hun, we don't do tours until 5" I looked down at my phone really quick to see it was 3pm.

"Oh I'm not here for a tour, I was actually wanting to apply for the open job here!" I told her, handing her the flyer. She looked at it and smiled confusingly

"Wow, I didn't know we were asking for help, I guess it must've been someone else on the weekend schedule, well I guess it doesn't matter since we do need the help." She looked up at me with a smile, "Well as long as you're good at memorizing a speech and publicly speaking it, can clean, and be willing to work the night shift once a week then you're hired!" She gleamed, handing me back the flyer.

"I'm pretty sure I can do all that! When can I start?" I asked, surprised it would be that easy to get a job after being declined earlier by the other businesses here, must be my luck.

She asked me what days I could work and I told her I was free whenever. She then handed me a schedule and told me I could follow a tour guide tonight and then come in tomorrow around 7pm to figure out my schedule. I thanked her and left to go get ready.

(TimeSkip)

It was around four and I made myself dinner (whatever you want) before I would head out, not knowing how long I would be there. After eating, i hopped on my bike and took the twenty minutes bike ride to the asylum, man my legs are going to be toned once summer ends with all this biking!

I finally arrived to the asylum and put by bike around the back, which is where the employees park if they had cars. I walked in through the front gate to be greet by the same woman from earlier that day.

"Hey I'm glad you could make it! I totally forgot today I would be giving the tours, silly me! Anyways, I don't think I've gotten your name yet? By the way, my name's Jasmine" she chuckled, shaking my hand in a friendly way. I smiled back,

"I'm (Y/n)"

"What a marvelous name for a marvelous person!" She laughed and guided me towards the entrance that the tourist would be entering from, "Even for a town so small, it's usually very busy here with people all around the country coming here, we usually get 1,000 people a night since the tours go from 5-12am, just to add the spooks to this asylum." She walked over to a closet, "In here are uniforms of all sizes so just find one that fits you and we should be good to go!" She shoved me lightly into the closet and closed the door.

After putting on my outfit I exited the room to see a crowd already building ip for the first tour, man this is going to be interesting. I was told just to follow behind the group to keep any children from running off.

For the most part the tours went great, Jasmine's energy filled the whole room and she was practically a pro at this. It was around 11:30 when things got a little weird. Our last tour was a big group of teens who wanted to be spooked, which they were as most of them were shaking. I was casually wandering behind them knowing no one was going to run off. A hand grabbed my wrist which made me gasp and turn around. It was a man in his late 20s, for some reason it was difficult to see his eyes even in the lighting we had in the building but I didn't question it at the moment, though I could see he was wearing eyeliner, how absurd. He had a broad, muscular structure and wore all black and had raven hair. He spoke in a deep, alluring voice.

"Ma'am, I believe I dropped something back there, could you come with me to get it." I felt compelled to follow him, even though the tour group wasn't even allowed to go in the hallway he was pointing towards. Before I could even think I told him yes and started following him down the hallway.