Chapter Five: The Truth

At the library, Ember kept circling around a wooden chair, thinking of where Drake could wonder off to and why. He knows the consequences of flying solo in this god forsaken world, but yet he disappears. Melanie grabbed Ember's arm, "Don't worry I think I know why he's out there. He went to find Malik." She said. Ember looked at her with widened eyes, "Wait, what?! We need him here!" said Ember. Melanie replied softly, "Right now, he can handle his own. What we should be concerned about is you. I still have tons of questions for you about what got you like this." "He'd better."

They stood there, staring at each other. "Mrs. Sullivan," she sighed, "Okay, I will answer only a few of your questions."

They sat down on a couch aside from each other awkwardly. Melanie asked, "When did you develop your powers?" Then Ember flipped her hair looking at her. "Since the blast." "Did the blast affect you in any way other than giving you pyrokinesis?" She asked. "Yes, another ability I was given was manipulation of disease." "Manipulation of disease? You can derogate the disease from your body once bitten by one of them if you wanted." Melanie interrupted and Ember nodded. "Wait, are you telling me you're the cure to ending this? Ember?" asked Melanie but Ember shook her head, "No, I'm not. I'm not the cure."

(((Sorry its a little short you guys, I haven't exactly worked out the entire thing🤔 but it's whatever. I have a lot more coming by the way so keep reading! Thanks for reading my story, I love you all😘😘)))