This Is No Game

This is no Game

Hello everyone and welcome to my newest story. I have wanted to start a story like this one for some time but have not really had the will to but here it goes. Also do not get angry the first chapter is mostly information but the last of it is very entertaining at least to me it is. This is going to be a sad story just to warn you.

Chapter 1: The Limit Keepers

Hello my name is Aya Oran and I am eighteen years old well at least I am at the beginning of my story. If you find this, I may or may not be alive. If you are a fellow Life Keeper, I wish you luck. If you are a person who put me here, fuck you. I hope this lands in the hands of a fellow keeper and may it help you.

In this room, the bed is made of mahogany wood and the mattress is stuffed downy feathers. The desk is also made of mahogany wood as well as the dresser and book case. The covers on the bad feel soft and would make someone feel safe. All of this is too much for me; I am a poor girl who runs a small carpentry shop. I learned carpentry back at the orphanage as a way to support myself once I got out. I slowly rise to my feet and walk over to the book case and see that it is full of books. The first book I look see is titled “Sewing: All the Important Details”. Whoever brought me here better not be trying to make me a servant. I am not a very good follower let alone servant.

Just as I am about to continue looking through the book case, a man in his late twenties early thirties comes in. He smiles at me but I can tell he is only smiling because he is gaining something from my being here in this room. Really, what the heck could be gained by forcing me into this room after stealing me from my home? It is not like I have no role in society and need help from no one.

“You must be wondering why you are in this room. The answer to that question is that you are a Life Keeper. For the next six months you will stay here and train,” the man tells me.

A small growl escapes from my throat and the man backs up a step. That damnable word, he just had to go and say that damnable phrase. So that is why they have brought me here. Life Keeper is a nice word right. It seems nice and noble but it is anything but. Life Keepers are sacrifices even if people call them heroes there really is no other term for them but sacrifices. Life Keepers are children between the ages of thirteen and eighteen and all of us are orphans so that no one can miss us.

You must be wondering why someone would miss us if we are Life Keepers. Like I said Life Keepers are really sacrifices and the name is just a nicety for the public who have no knowledge of what really happens to Life Keepers. We are sent into the forest and left to survive there for the rest of our lives. Oh that does not sound so bad does it. The only thing is the bodies of the Life Keepers are usually found close to where they were left less than a few months later.

“Ma’am you will be doing this for the good of the people,” he tells me.

“Oh so being sent off to be killed so that the country is not over populated is for the good of the people. I have a good life and yet you are making me give it up. Some people may not know what the heck Life Keeper means but I do. It is no glorious life. No one ever lives for longer than three months. Some decide to take their own lives the minute they are left there. You expect me to be happy about being left to die, hah,” I tell him with a scary look on my face if what his expression tells me is right.

“But you will be considered a hero . . . . “ he says.

“That means nothing to me. Tell me the rules and move on,” I interrupt him.

“Fine. You will be allowed any weapon that you ask for. You will be allowed two hundred items of any quantity to a reasonable extent. You will be sent dropped into the woods in six months along with seven other girls. Outside of these doors is a lounge hall where you can gather with the others and study. A list of available classes will be delivered to you in a hour or two,” he answers with a straight face before leaving the room in a hurry.