13 - Planning for Battle

"They're gone," Blue Diamond told Yellow Diamond.

The two Diamonds were on Yellow Diamond's ship, in a large room that was very simple and polished. It, too, offered a large view of the cosmos, in the form of a floor to ceiling window.

"You've sent them away already?" Yellow asked. "You did install the tracking device on their ship right?" Blue nodded.

"Do not worry, Yellow. The Ruby ship is rigged to track the rebels' location." Blue slide her finger along the length of a control panel in the room. "Why did you require to track them, again?"

"We must know of their location..." Yellow said, thinking.

"But we know they'll be back. They wouldn't so easily leave their precious Steven behind." Blue said, looking out the large glass window. Yellow turned again to Blue Diamond.

"We must take extra precautions, in case things do not go quite according to plan. What if they don't bring those other two traitors back here with them?" Yellow said pointedly. Blue Diamond tilted her head to the side.

"Did you need to use a tracker though? Couldn't you have just sent an army to search for them on the earth?" Blue suggested. Yellow Diamond stood from her throne, shaking her head. Her arms grasping each other neatly behind her back.

"It would take too long. We can't risk a whole army going down there so close to the cluster's emergence time." Yellow waved a hand through the air expressively.

Blue Diamond nodded and clasped her hands together in front of her. She looked like a royal queen, standing there, her servant Pearl at her feet.

"Who were the other two rebel gems, again?" Blue Diamond asked.

"A Peridot... and also a Lapis Lazuli, as I've heard. Apparently, she became trapped in a mirror down on earth. But, when she escaped, she eventually decided to stay on earth." Yellow Diamond sneered. "A planet that has nothing to offer. Pathetic."

"Hm..." Blue Diamond thought to herself. She supposed it was good that Yellow Diamond told her of the other traitors she wished to terminate.

This made the plan more complex. More interesting to view from afar.

At first, they were just going to shatter the traitors and force the human to serve them. Now they had a different plan.

They knew the Crystal Gems were going to return to try to take back their Steven. Then, the diamonds hoped, they were bring the other two traitors along with them as well. They would execute them without the human knowing, and everything would continue to work as scheduled.

The Diamonds, however, were not stupid.

They made precautions. If, by chance, the Crystal Gems decided not to return, the ruby ship they had used was rigged to track its journey.

The Diamonds would wait a few months; a short amount of time for a practically immortal gem, and then send an army to the earth to bring them back, and allow the diamonds to personally perform the execution. Then again, the Cluster could emerge before then. Whichever destruction of the traitors came first.

As you know, the Diamonds did not know of the cluster being in stasis, so this plan seemed perfect for them.

"Why do you want to keep that human alive so badly, anyway?" Yellow Diamond asked, still not able to fully understand why she wouldn't let him be killed. "I understand you have grown fond of humans since you took up Pink Diamond's zoo, but this is Rose Quartz's son." Blue looked away, turning on her defensive voice. She always tried to avoid the topic.