Chapter 1 - Stranger at the door

Authors note: As a shawol I just couldn't resist writing my own fanfiction, so please enjoy!  I would also like to quickly go through some korean terms I might mention in my story. Unnie means older sister for a girl. Hyung means older brother for a boy. Noona means older sister for a boy and Oppa means older brother for a girl. You do not have to be blood related to use these terms. Apart from that thanks for reading!

      Chapter 1

    Pain was all I could feel as I stumbled down the road. My brain hurt as if a red hot coal had been placed on it and I could feel the warm trickle of blood sliding down my forehead. Rain and hail pelted down and my clothes clung to my skin. I felt numbed by the cold and light-headed as my feet squelched in their rain sodden trainers. 

    A million questions spun in my mind furiously but I had the answer to none of them. How could I have ended up on the streets of Seoul all alone? Had something happened before? Why did I not remember anything?

    I had only one thing on my mind, and that was to get to away from the storm before I completely collapsed. With that desperate thought in mind, I felt my legs stop weakly in front of the first door I saw and I managed to knock on the door before my knee's buckled under me.

     The door was opened cautiously by a girl. The poor girl yelped as I fell onto her. She was stronger than I thought, and to my relief we didn't go crashing onto the ground. She stood idly at her front door just about holding me.

    "S-sorry." My teeth chattered violently as a shiver raced down my spine. 

   "Sae young! Who is it?" A voice called from the living room. A woman that I guessed was her mother soon strode in with a bewildered expression on her face.

  "Oh my goodness." She instantly grabbed me off her daughter and peered at me.

     "He's complete wet, Sae young! Quick, run upstairs and get some towels. I'll put the fire on." Her mother instructed.  She didn't seem to care that I was a complete stranger but instead took me by the arm and walked me into the kitchen. My vision was still a bit misty but I could see it well enough. It was littered with all sorts of cookware tools and scrapes of dinner on dirty plates.

      Sae young’s mother cursed under her breath at the mess but smiled sweetly at me shaking her head. "Take a seat, sweetie. Sorry about the mess." She nodded in the direction of the sofa. "Sae young will bring you some blankets to get you dry."

   I thanked her and walked feverishly to the sofa, trying to not feel guilty about the trail of water that I had left in my wake. As if on cue, Sae young came in, her arms bundled high with towels. She simply smiled kindly and handed me the towels, sensing that I was too shaken up to speak.

     "If you go upstairs to the room on the right, you'll see my brother's room. I put some spare clothes on the bed for you. The bathroom is on the left too."

     Once I was in the bedroom I got a chance to look around. The room was empty as I had expected, and I figured her brother must be away. The room was large and decorated with millions of posters, some of singers and pretty idols but mostly of football stars. On the bed, there was a folded pile of clothes like Sae young had said. I looked at the clothes as I walked into the bathroom to change. There was a plain black top, a thick hoodie, trousers and even a pair of clean boxers (embarassing, much?)

     Quickly peeling off my drenched clothes, I dried myself off and pulled on the clothes. They were the right fit and looked fine. But I still couldn't help but look  longingly at the pile of now wet, shriveled clothes on the floor. No matter what way I put it, my eyes kept drifting over to the top I had been wearing previously. It said SHINee on it.