Chapter 17 - Shower Kiss

[and~ another one!!! This one was t.o.u.g.h to write, but I hope it came out right!! I guess yay for finally having some love-love time between some characters ?!? ^.^

Anyhoo, hope you enjoy it and thanx for reading!!!]

6 months earlier

It was like watching poetry in motion. Her body moved with the wind, slicing through the air as if it was part of it. Not even gravity or the wind wanted to halt her progress as she ran, the only real sign of exertion that of her pulsating legs, each footfall tightening and shaping the beautiful muscles of her calves and thighs. But the most amazing thing of all was that Amy didn't even show any physical signs of exhaustion. Even as she rounded the track for the tenth time, pushing herself further on, her body seemed calm and at ease. I smiled as I caught a glimpse of the sweat, another betrayal of her progress, whipped off her face and seemed to leave a sparkling trail of crystal behind her.

"Is she some kind of monster?"

I turned to see two figures watching in awe as Amy dominated the track. At first I would have pegged them as a couple, but the lustrous spark in the boy's eyes as they fixed on the girl zipping along the track told me enough to know that even if they were, it wasn't a romance to last very long.

The boy's words had been filled with dreamy wonder and though the girl with him shifted uncomfortably at the intense gaze that wasn't fixed on her, I noticed how she held her own admiration and awe hidden underneath the jealous shift of her gaze.

"She's not that bad..." she said softly.

I scoffed at the girl's lame dismissal, reveling in the shock that lined her face as she whipped her head around to me.

"Ah- hey Trish..." she stammered as she avoided eye contact, "not training today?"

The girl, whose name didn't register in my head at all, shifted uncomfortably as she watched me out the corner of her eye. Her companion turned to me and immediately his attention shifted focus.

"I'm done for the day, not all of us have her stamina." I stated pointedly, letting my eyes move back to Amy. Pushing away from the rails, I briefly thought of waving to her before I turned, but the likely chance she wouldn't see me shoved the idea out my head.

"You guys enjoy the show, maybe you'll learn what talent is."

The girl's face turned red in agitated anger as she gripped her companions arm. I scanned her face trying to remember if she was one of the track team members.

I made my way to the locker rooms, allowing one last glance to the field before being swallowed by the cool corridors. As I made my way forward my mind kept replaying the sight of Amy's body moving smoothly across the field. Groaning in frustration I felt the annoyingly familiar heat begin to build up inside.

Five names were already lined up in my head as I reached for my phone.

"...needs to be taught a lesson, don't you think?"

I paused, my finger hovering over the send button. Standing just outside the entrance to the girls locker room I waited for more voices to follow.

"Yeah totally.... She needs to learn what place she belongs in."

My hand tightened on the phone as I recognized the second voice. Lauren So's squeaky existence of tone was a hard thing to forget. Anger began bubbling in my veins as I reached for the door. It wasn't a secret that the second-rate slut had a problem with Amy's growing popularity. As much as I knew Amy hated the limelight, I also knew she wasn't the type of person to be left alone either.