My mate's a HUMAN ????

Chapter 1

Time is flying slowly and quickly ….

Life is going and standing still.

I blink and find the things changed.

Change is the only thing which keeps going the same way.

I used to be scared of changes. I always looked for something to hold on to, something that is permanent. Something that I can trust will always be there.

That keeps me aware of what is dream and what reality is.

But the search never ends, because there is no such thing.

I have been sitting still for the past two three hours, just looking at the pale walls of my room. I have been trying to give words to my thoughts, to write something. The only light in my room is the faint glow of my computer screen. I am writing a mail to my friend Annie. She has gone Nepal for a documentary. She was working as an intern for a TV channel. I wish the channel has chosen some other time of the year to make this film. I really needed my friend. I should not be left alone. Hell, I can’t trust myself with me right now. It‘s not bad as it sounds, maybe I am exaggerating but I really want someone to talk to.

  I closed the lid of my laptop and fell on my bed. I could not write a word. How can I tell her what happened. She was living her dream right now and I did not want to upset her with my problems.

She has been gone for two months now and I think she’ll be back soon.

My pack disowned me today. It wasn’t my pack but since my parents died, they were my family. My father was the alpha and I was his only daughter. When he died without any heir old enough to lead, our pack was scattered and everyone joined different packs.  I lived with my aunt. Now, I was homeless again. Not in literal form.

I have a home. I came back to my parents’ house. But I have no family, no job, no friends to talk to and no mate. I might be the oldest werewolf without mate. I am 21. Not much. But usually 19 is the maximum when people find their partners.

I haven’t cried since I left the pack and came here. I never belonged there. I was always the odd one out. I have stopped shifting to wolf few years back. So, I was never a werewolf to them, never a part of them. They always belittled me as they did humans. Annie was human. She didn’t know about me, so, I guessed she won’t get the situation. I dropped the idea of mail.

I was hungry. I had nothing to eat. I decided to go buy something in the morning. That reminded me I have to search for a job also. For now, I just wanted to sleep.