Reunion

Hannah’s a good friend. All of that night she kept awake with me, she kept on running to the kitchen to get more tissues, and she only laughed when I apologised for filling her bin with snotty tissues and keeping her up all night with my family issues that wasn’t fair to be sharing everything with her. But Hannah was my secret diary. Like most people believe they can share their true feelings with a book and a pen, or a pet, Hannah is all of that plus my best friend.

I grabbed my bag and a few tissues and after looking in the mirror, really didn’t want to go. My eyes were bright red and dry and my throat and nose were all clogged up. I sighed and blew my fringe out of my blue slash red eyes and opened the door.

“Where do you think you’re going?” I spun round at the sudden voice and sighed as I saw Hannah in her pyjamas, standing at the bottom of the stairs. I closed the door and threw my bag on the floor, sighing again and wanting nothing more than a cosy bed with some chick-flicks and popcorn with my best friend.

“I was going to go home. But I need a distraction Han” I sighed, feeling my eyes brim up again. Just as I thought I had run out of those salty droplets. Hannah came and hugged me. She was a good friend and I loved her but she always did this, and it sometimes annoyed me. I’m sixteen and I can look after myself, although at the moment I was glad I had somebody to hug me who wasn’t my mum or a dad trying to make amends for his drunken two years, that to him had probably been full of staggering and affairs, not that he was dating mum now, well... not according to mum but dad was drunk (surprise surprise) at the solicitors when the divorce papers were signed. So he probably doesn’t remember it so in his eyes, he’s still probably in a serious relationship.

“Well...” Hannah began. Her smirk appeared on her face as she ran into the front room and came out with some movies ‘The notebook’, ‘Rainman’, and one of ‘Marley and me’. I smiled but shook my head. Hannah raised her eyebrows and looked at the films and rolled her eyes. “I see... So how about something a bit more--- smiley?” I chuckled slightly.

“Technical term is that?” I laughed. Hannah nodded and ran back into the front room coming out with some more DVDs.

“I got The Hangover, Hot Fuzz and the two Johnny English films. Smiley enough?” She laughed. I nodded and ripped my tie off and went into the kitchen, grabbing the popcorn from the cupboard.

~*~

After the four fantastic films, my eyes were still red and puffy but my head felt lighter and my smile found its way back to my mouth. I hugged Hannah before checking my phone. It read two fifty and Mum was probably going to be getting worried about where I was so I picked up my bag and set for the door again, this time intending to keep to my plans of going home.

I opened the door and shut it behind me before Hannah could make me stay any longer and create obvious yet very devious distractions.

I set off walking down the road, my headphones firmly in my ears and I was constantly skipping through the sad songs on my iPod, which was probably most of them. I was flicking through my iPod and not looking where I was going when I finally hit something that was willing to take my mind off my depressing iPod playlist.

“Ross?” I heard a deep, husky voice announce questioningly. I looked up and immediately recognised the deep green eyes and the floppy black hair. I blinked to make sure I wasn’t dreaming what I was seeing, only one person in the world called me Ross and that was my ex boyfriend Olly.

“Olly?” I asked back. He blinked too, obviously thinking the same as I was. He nodded and immediately we bounded together in a massive hug. We only broke up because he was moving to America and by the way he said Ross, he’d picked up the accent ever so slightly, that caused me to giggle slightly and when he didn’t smile when he looked at me after the hug, I automatically remembered my eyes that gave away a whole night of not-so-unshed tears.