01

Loud knocking from the front door echoed through the house pulling me out of my deep sleep. I snatched my covers off of me and sleepily made my way to the front door, eyes half way open.

"Mom!" I yell out. The only I reply I get is silence. I glance out the dining room window to see no cars in the driveway. I assume my mom left for work leaving me home alone. I unlock and swing open the door. "Officer Earl?" A local policeman smiles at me, almost looking guilty.

"Hi, Ms. Patterson. Sorry if I woke you up."

"It's fine, is everything okay?" I tighten the cardigan around my body more attempting to cover my night clothes.

"Everything is fine. I'm just here to inform you that the street will be closed for a few hours for a production-"

"Wait, what? You have to be kidding me!" He gives me another sympathetic smile, obviously trying to calm me.

"I know, I know. It's just going to be closed from ten to five for the next five days. I'm so sorry if that's an inconvenience. I mean you can try to work something out with the director or even the crew if you need to get to work." I bite my lip trying not to take out my anger on him.

"It's just I have a class and work. I- Well, like you said, I'll try to work something out because this is ridiculous. What production would film here? Out of all places." I mumble my last sentence. Who would though? Why can't productions stick to building a set in California or something?

"Some music video I think. Hey, it might be interesting. Sorry again about the inconvenience. Tell your mother I said hello. Bye, Ms. Patterson." I give him a small wave before closing the door.

I go over to the window and lift up the curtains. There are people rolling out cameras from trucks, people with jackets that are labeled 'crew' on the back. I push my face closer to the window and skim over everything.

Then my heart skips a beat.

Tyler Jospeh was back.

I stare for a second at him before he turns his head towards my window. I hurriedly push the curtains back and back away from the window.

Why is he here? I thought his mother said he was on tour.

My thought gets interrupted by the front door opening.

"Ana?" My mom calls out. I tuck my hair behind my ear and clear my thoughts of Tyler.

"Over here!" I shout out. She comes inside the dining room carrying a few groceries. She smiles to me and places the groceries on the floor.

"I got off early today, I wasn't feeling that well. You okay?" I clear my throat and hope I don't look that flustered as I just was. I nod and push my lips into a smile.

"Yup," my voice comes out barely louder than a whisper. She arches a brow and chuckles.

"Did you see all that's going on out there? Mrs. Joseph is very happy for Tyler. Did you see Tyler is out there? It's his band and-"

"Wow, you held up Mrs. Joseph that long to get all the details." I smirk and get up to help with the groceries. My mom lightly slaps my shoulder.

"I'm sure you were curious too!" I had as a response and take the bags to the kitchen. I begin to place all the food in the proper place. "Tyler was asking about you by the way." I stop. I drop a bag of chips and it lands on the tiled floor almost crushing every chip inside.

"W-what?" I stutter out.

"Tyler! Remember him? He was asking about how you were doing. I just told him you're in college right now and doing well." I bend over and grab the bag and place it in the pantry. "Mrs. Joseph invited us over for dinner tonight after they finish up shooting some scenes tonight." I stop putting things away. I walk out of the kitchen and back to the dining room to see my mom.

"I might have homework tonight." I quickly come up with that excuse.

"I wasn't really asking." She looks up from her phone and smiles at me. I roll my eyes and go towards my room.

I haven't seen Tyler for a long time. In fact, I've never even talked to him.

How did he know me?
How did he remember me?

Hi! I haven't proof read this but I will get to it eventually. Sorry it seems really slow right now and very short, things will pick up soon! Thanks for reading.