Chapter 3 (Part 1) - Grandpa

Picture of Jake and Carrie on side:D

This is a saaaaaad chapter. It is almost the same as my own real life experience with my grandad. I got really emotional while writing this.___________________________________________________________

Zayn's POV

I woke up to the feeling of someone moving about. I opened my eyes, and saw Carrie lying there peacefully. I checked the clock, it was around 3 a.m. My arm was draped around her waist as i pulled a little closer. I stared at her high cheekbones, her pink lips and the messy way her hair was scattered about. It was really cute. I stared for what seemed like hours before i heard footsteps aproaching and quickly shut my eyes. The door opened and i opened my eyes enough to see a figure with a curly mop on top of his head. Harry. 

He left after a few seconds. My eyes fluttered shut as a wave of itredness swept over me. 

Carrie's POV

Ugh. I rolled over in bed and picked up my phone without looking at the caller ID. 

"Hello?" i said groggily. 

"Carrie? It's Jake. Grandpa had a heart attack. He's alive, but barely." Jake said grimly. 

"WHAT?!" i shrieked, sitting up in bed as fast as possible and Zayn woke up. I cut the phone and jumped out of bed, heading to the bathroom to change, ignoring Zayn's cries. Once changed, i didnt bother doing anything else, tears were already streaming down my face. I threw my hair into a pony and headed out the bathroom. I couldn't breathe through my tears, but somehow managed to tell Zayn what had hapenned and asked him to ask Harry to drop Eleanour home later. I ran  home, declining Zayn;s offer to drive me.

****

"WHAT DO  YOU MEAN WE'RE NOT GOING?" I yelled at my parents. 

"Sweetie, you and Jake came here to help us settle in. Your father has work he cant just abandon." mom said. 

"HE'S MY GRANDFATHER FOR GOD'S SAKE! AND HE'S GIVEN ME MORE THAN YOU AND DAD EVER HAVE, COMBINED!! YOU'VE GIVEN ME MONEY, BUT THAT'S NOT WHAT I WANT!  I WANTED THE LOVE OF A PARENT YOU COULDN'T BE BOTHERED TO GIVE ME!!" i screamed. 

"Carrie-" i cut her of. 

"DON'T EVEN. SETLLE IN! SETLLE IN MY FOOT! YOU'VE BEEN BAILING ON MY EVERY SINGLE TIME WE 'SETTLE IN'," even i could hear my voice dripping with venom. "YOU KNOW WHAT? I DONT CARE. I'M GOING BACK TO LONDON THIS SECOND. GOOD BYE."

I stormed out of the house and texted Jake. 

Carrie: I'm getting our tickets for London. 

Jake: Do that. 

Carrie: Our flight is 2:30 a.m. Start packing, bro.

Jake: Will do, love youxx

I packed everything. All my photos, my clothes, my books, I didn't want any piece of me to be left behind here. With my two suitcases in hand, it was 1 a.m when I left the house with Jake without saying a word to my parents. I was in a lose blue sundress and ballet flats, my hair was down in natural waves and i had one some light makeup. 

(http://www.polyvore.com/untitled_549/set?id=112532191)

****

We had the limo outside take our suitcases to grandad's mansion and went straight to the hospital. 

"Mr. Bradshaw," Jake said to the lady behind the counter. 

"Room 506, floor 5." the woman said and we hurried away to the elevator. 

I opened the door of the room, but that only caused my tears to come faster. The only sound in the room was my choked sobs and the monitor's beeping. I held my grandad's hand and cried for hours. I was collapsed next to his bed when the doctor walked in. My brother and I both had decided to stay for the night. I got up and looked at my brother, fast asleep in the chair. He awoke when the doctor came in, and i felt bad immediately. Jake had bags under his eyes, his eyes were red and puffy as well. I stood by him as the doctor checked up on grandad, and leaned my head on his shoulder while he wrapped an arm around my waist and leant his head on mine. 

It was a little while later in the day that it happened. 

My grandad's fingers twitched and his breathing went mad. His back was arching and he couldnt breathe. The heart monitor went crazy and with shaking fingers, my brother called the doctor while i held onto my grandad's hand, trying to get an oxygen mask on him. But it happened before the doctors came. Grandpa's eyes opened, the brown one's that i have been told are like mine, he uttered one last word as the doctors rushed in the room. 

"Princess..." he breathed.

The doctors tried the 180 volt.

Then the 270 volt.

Then the 360 volt.

"Put it on FULL!" i screamed. 

Now the 480 volt. The body was still lifeless. 

Then came the noise I most dreaded. The long, continous beep of the heart monitor. 

"Time of death, 4:45 p.m," I heard a voice say. Everything seemed to move around in slow motion. I sank to the ground in shock. No more tears seemed to be present in my body. As much as I willed to cry, I could not. I was staring at the matress of the bed, the poles holding the bed up and i just sat there. I felt faint. 

---Flashback--

I giggled as my grandfather tickled me with the stuffed bear he was holding. He dug the bear into my side and i laughed once more. 

"Who's my little girl?" he ccoed, lifting me into his arms and craddling me. 

"That's my princess!" he laughed along with me. I reached my tiny hands up to his face, touching the wrinkles on his skin. Grandpa kissed my cheek and his moustache tickled me, causing me to laugh and him to join in.

--Flashback Over--

I felt someone grip my arms and steer me out the door, but i wasn't paying attention to who it was. I didnt come to realization till i was in Grandpa's mansion.The smell of home hit me and i burst into tears. I sobbed as i turned around and hugged Jake, my tears staining his shirt. I felt his lips in my hair, as he hugged me back and then i felt his tears hitting my shoulder. We texted Mom and Dad the news a little while later and spent the rest of the night watching movies and eating popcorn and ice cream. It actually felt good to have some sibling time. It brought us closer. 

__________________________________________________

Hope you peeeps liked it:)

Comment and Vote pleaseee:D

Lots of Love,

PK

xxxxx