Catch me if you can part 7

Chapter 7

I woke up to the sound of the tv on bust and a missing Daniel from my bed. I rolled my eyes and got up.

"Hey sleeping beauty. ready for some training?" he smiled scaring me by hugging me from behind.

"Let me get ready first okay?" I pulled away and got changed really quick. I came out and took his hand and we made our way to the gym. After we got there Markus came in.

"Guys come quick! There's trouble at the main gate!" Markus burst through the door worried.

"What's going on?" Daniel got up grabbing my hand while walking out of the room outside the house to the gate.

"Adrian and some of the ravens pack members are attacking us."

"Is the alpha aware of this?"

"Yeah. He's trying to make Adrian stand down." Markus said then shifted to his wolf to join the fight. Daniel took me over with his mother, Marisa and Mandy.

"Stay here I'm joining the fight." he said kissing my forehead.

"Be careful." I frowned letting go of his hand. I watched as the pack shifted into wolf form and attacked the ravens pack. Some stayed human and fought the tinier weaker forms. Daniel was fighting a grey and white wolf. He took the two wolves out in one swift move. I watched as his father leaped for the wolf known as Adrian. Mandy's voice took my attention away from the fight.

"I'm scared." Mandy cried to me grabbing my hand.

"It's okay. Everything will be fine." I smiled worrying inside.

"I'm going to go help them. Stay here, Marisa cover me." Mindy and Marisa joined the fight. They kicked ass.

" Katie..." Mandy backed away from the huge black wolf walking circles around us snarling.

" Mandy...go into the house and hide in my room okay? Run! Now!" I screamed then shifted to my wolf and leaped for my opponent. He was quick and pinned me down digging his teeth into my neck. I yelped and clawed the side of his face causing his to back away holding his paws to his snout. He quickly recovered and jumped for me again. I dodged then got on his back sinking my teeth in his neck not daring to let go. He tried to shake me off but I wouldn't let go, instead I sunk my teeth in deeper. He yelped then flipped over crushing my much smaller form under his. I couldn't breathe. He put more pressure on me and I let go yelping as his claws ripped the through the skin on my chest. He got up and right before he attacked again the rest of the wolves howled at one of the dead pack members. He then turned and retreated with the rest. I slowly got up dizzy from my wounds. I wasn't healing fast enough and I was losing blood fast. I made sure everyone was okay then made my way up to my room to check on Mandy. I changed back half way through the house and grabbed a blanket covering myself. I reached my room and found Mandy in the corner of the room crying.

"Mandy." I said weakly rapping my arms around her before blacking out.

----------------------------------------------

I woke up in a white room. Marisa was standing next to me speaking in a language I didn't understand. I looked around and there was about 6 other pack members lying down being healed from the battle. I spotted Daniel across the room.

"Daniel." I said trying to sit up and go to him but it hurt to much.

"Don't move. I'm healing you." Marisa spoke, her eyes glowing white, then went back to speaking in the other language. I closed my eyes trying to remember what happened. I remembered Markus coming to get us telling us the ravens pack was attacking and then me telling Mandy to hide and started to fight the black wolf. I remember everything up until reaching Mandy in my room. I must have blacked out.

"There. You should be fine. you still had damage from when Madric poisoned you. I tried my best to get it out of your system so let me know if you feel weird ok? I'll see if I missed anything." She smiled helping me sit up.

"Thank you so much Marisa." I smiled back and made my way over to Daniel.

He was asleep. His wounds were slowly healing. I took a hold of his hand and pulled the chair closer to sit on. He started to wake up.

"Hey there." he smiled, covering his pain.

"Hey." I smiled kissing his cheek.

"What happened?" I asked moving the hair from his face.

"Everyone was fighting and then my father took down Adrian because he started to attack. He's dead now that's why the retreated. Adrian was my fathers beta until now. Now I am."

Daniel said seriously.

" I'll go get Marisa and get her to help you heal faster okay?" I smiled getting up.

"Okay. I love you Katie."

"I love you too." I said strutting out of the infirmary to get the gypsy.

"Marisa?" I shouted to the girl down the hallway. she turned, eyes black as night and smiled wickedly then disappeared.

"What the hell?" I said walking faster to try to find her. I spotted Markus and Costin in the living area.

"Hey have you seen Marisa? she just disappeared." they turned to look at me and they too had black eyes and an evil grin on their faces. They started to walk closer to me but they just walked right through me. As they passed through me I felt a rush of pain. I grabbed my stomach and screamed as more pack members with black eyes began to pass through me. The pain was too overwhelming and I felt myself getting weaker. I felt breathing at the back of my neck. It was the black wolf I fought.

"Daniel!" I screamed our worriedly. I slowly backed away trying not to fall but then I tripped and the wolf got closer. He started to sniff me.

"Daniel please!" I cried. I closed my eyes as I felt his tongue on my arm.

"Help." I whimpered. He must have heard me because in a matter of seconds the wolf was dead and Daniel was walking closer to me.

"Daniel!" I smiled leaping in his arms. I pulled away and looked into his eyes. They began to turn black, I looked at him with disbelief as he smiled.

"Daniel no!" I tried to get away but then the unthinkable happened. I felt his hand penetrate my chest and rip out my heart.

"Good bye my daughter." A single tear rolled down my cheek as I watched Daniels form disappear and turn into a woman who I had learned to forget. My mother.