catch me if you can part 3

Chapter 3

"Katie. We need to go. Wake up." Daniel was speaking quietly in my ear and tapping on my shoulder. I was a light sleeper so that's all it took to wake me up.

"Morning." I looked up at Daniel and smiled as I lifted myself up and got off the blanket.

"Wait...no let me get everything, you can go get in the car and wait...I don't want you doing everything."

"Hmmm lemme think about that...No." I grabbed the blanket and started folding it when Daniel had everything else in his hands.

"Want to stop in to the cafe for breakfast?" I asked him while I was skipping to the car.

"Let's go home...I need to check in with the rest of the pack. We have to do rounds today." Daniel grabbed my hand and opened the passengers seat door for me to get in.

"Ok...I'll make pancakes when we get back."I smiled trying to hide the disappointment in my voice. I guess Daniel noticed because his smile turned into a frown. He was about to speak as he got in the drivers seat, but I kissed him so I didn't have to hear his apology.

"Now drive."I hit his arm and smiled. He started the car and pulled out of the parking lot and on to the highway.

The rest of the drive was quiet we made small talk but mainly just enjoyed the scenery. We saw a guy on the side of the street dressed in a giant fish costume. We erupted into laughter when he sang some motto for the store he was advertising for. It wasn't long after that before we got home.

"I had a great time last night." Daniel took hold of my hand when we pulled into the drive way of the four story house. I smiled and kissed his cheek getting out of the car.

"YOU'RE BACK!" Was all I heard as I fell to the ground when Mandy tackled me.

"Where did you come from?" I laughed as I lifted Mandy off of me.

"I was waiting inside...me and mom were worried. The whole pack was trying to get a hold of Danny but he blocked his thoughts." She glared at Daniel and folded her arms across her chest.

"Well then we should go let your mom know we're okay shouldn't we?" I grabbed her hand and walked to the house laughing at Daniel when he struggled to come back from Mandy's comment.

"Where have you two been? Me and your father were worried sick."A women came over and hugged us both while she began her lecture. I assumed this was Daniels mom.

"Mom were fine. I told Katelyn we could do something she wanted yesterday so we went to a beach out by the town fourty minutes from here." I was suprised with Daniels answer to his mother. He was so proper...I liked his fun side better. I looked at him and saw a smile merge...Did he just hear what I was thinking?Mandy did say something about that earlier, but she's only six.

"Oh yes Katelyn...I'm Mindy, Daniels mother." I smiled at Mindy and held out my hand but was immediately pulled into a hug.

"Nice to meet you." I looked at Daniel. He was blushing.

"I'll go get your father." Mindy turned and rushed to the kitchen. I took hold of Daniels hand begging him to leave. I was afraid of most men and the idea of this one being a werewolf didn't exactly make me want to meet him.

"It's okay. My dad is a good man he would never do the things your uncle did." I smiled at him then caught on to what he had just said. I was about to open my mouth when a large man that looked almost exactly like Dylan was standing in front of me with a huge smile on his face that told me he must be more like Daniel.

"I'm Mr. Lee, but you may call me Stephen." He held out his hand and I shook it. I could swear I was shaking.

"I..I'm Katelyn." He smiled at my shyness. I felt like a fool, I never stutter!