Ch. 2- Do We Really Need To?

Chapter Two: Do we really need to?

I had straightened my room, the living room, the kitchen, and, basically every room of the house. The makeup was out on my shelf. There were four chick flicks on the TV stand. I was prepared for girl night. When I told my parents I had some girlfriends coming over, they were ecstatic.

“Honey, when did you get so grown up? And these girls- are they nice? Are they actually your friends, or are they faking it? I don’t want you to be friends with people who are using you.” My mom asked. When I shook my head, she clapped her hands excitedly. “Good for you honey! I’m so happy for you! You need some girlfriends, not just Jack.”

So, I was sitting here, waiting for my friends to arrive. I sighed.

6:01 the clock read.

Tick. Tock. Tick. Tock. Tick- DING DONG! DI-DIN-DI-DING DONG!

Someone was spamming the doorbell. I crossed my fingers that it was Vera, Hailey, Kat, and Tina.

I padded over to the wooden front door. I opened it and peeked out.

“Hey girls!” I squealed.

“Hey!” They reciprocated the squeal and we group hugged.

“Come in, come in. I have some chick flicks and we are going to do make overs… I know, typical girl night, but hey! It’s fun!” I babbled. “And then after you all sleepover, we will go shopping tomorrow. Isn’t it stupid how the first day of school is a Friday?”

All the girls nodded in agreement.

Vera peeled her leather jacket off of her arms. “Where should I put this?”

“Oh, come on, my room’s this way!” I bounded up the stairs with my friends hot on my tail. When we entered my room, Vera threw her jacket on my bed.

“Makeovers first?” Tina asked, her greenish brown eyes glistening.

“Uh huh, I thought we could do each other’s makeup and then give fashion tips!”

The girls clapped.

An hour later, after a whirl of makeup, clothes, and jewelry, along with tips aplenty, the makeovers were done.

We were spayed out on the couch watching The Notebook. “OMG this story never gets old.” Kat wiped her eyes on a tissue. “I mean her mom is so mean!! Stealing the letters.”

“SSSSHHHHHHHHH!” We all replied, engrossed in the movie.

Kat mumbled something about us being too into the movie, but at the end, we were all sobbing hysterically.

“It can’t end like that! They can’t just….!” I sobbed.

“But it’s so romantic.” Protested Hailey, who was hogging the Kleenex.

After two more movies, three buckets of popcorn, and five boxes of Kleenex, it was two AM and we were all zombies.

“Good night Tina, Vera, Hailey, Kat.”

“Good night all ‘y’alls.”

Then I blacked out.

I laughed. “No Kat, it is not considered bad manners if you don’t buy your friends each a solid gold bracelet. But you do have a good pouty face. You should do that to your boyfriend, when you get one.”

Kat’s mouth twisted into a smile. “I’ll remember that.”  

Bags weighed down my wrists. Man, these things are heavy.   

“Do you guys want to head home?” Tina asked.

“Sure, I mean these bags are getting really heavy.” Vera complained.

“Hey, I’m glad to know I’m not the only one who’s sick of carrying these things around.” I shouted back.

We hustled out of the mall. “That was fun though, we should do it again.” Vera made up for her earlier complaint.

All of the girls agreed.

On the drive home, we talked about random stuff.

I realized how happy I was to have great friends. Sappy right? But so true. A regular weekend before my comeback was sitting on a cough playing videogames with Jack. Then we would talk a bit and I would go home and play more videogames.

“Christy? Here’s your house. Thanks for hosting!” Hailey, who was driving, called.

“Oh, it’s no problem.” I climbed out of the car with my shopping bags.

Then I was left alone at my all too quiet house.       

----

A/N:

I know, this is quite a filler, but it shows she's growing closer to the girls. She needs someone to lean on for the future, when she finds out about Jack and when Aiden comes along... AIDENNNNNN. LOL all 'y'alls will LOVE Aiden. LOL now you're mad at me because Aiden isn't in the story yet. Don't worry, you'll meet Aiden next chapter.  

Until then,

Riley Peterson <3 

PS- Keep reading!!! I know i update slow, but I want quality work!!