Chapter 8: Fight, don't let him down

Sinbad's P.O.V

I couldn't believe it.

It was him. His pale smooth skin, his short white hair floating in the wind, as beautiful as ever. No scar or injury ruining his beauty. But something was wrong... The stunning green colour of his eyes, that I grew to love, was gone. It was replaced with crimson red, gleaming in the morning sun like a sea of blood. His face, that used to wear so soft and caring expression, was cold, his eyes were dull, emotionless... almost like...

Almost like the day we've met.

But that didn't matter. At least for now. I just wanted to hug him and hold him in my arms forever. As ooc as it sounds, it was true.

I hesitantly moved closer to him, feeling like the time froze.

"Ja'far..."

I whispered weakly my voice almost betraying me.

"Ja'far...."

I said again, my voice more confident this time. Smile sowly forming on my lips.

I raised my arm, my fingers streching out towards him,

Oh god, how I want to touch him...

My fingertips were just inch away from caressing his cheek... but then his hand slapped my own away, these blood red eyes glaring daggers at me.

"Don't you dare touch me."

What...?

"Ja'far, why? It's me! Sinbad!"

His crimson eyes bored into mine golden ones as he gave me a long, icy gaze.

"I don't know you."

No...

It's just a nightmare, right? The worst fucking nightmare I'd ever had. I just have to wake up...

"Ja'far, snap out of it! This is really lame joke!"

But I knew that it wasn't a dream, this was reality, and due to that it was at least hundred times worse.

"How do you even know my name? I had never met you."

My heart sank as this words rolled out of his tongue. This can't be happening...

"Ja'far, fuck off! It's me! You're not funny!"

My breath was picking up, I could feel my eyes water.

He didn't say anything, just looked at me coldly.

"Ja'far... Please, it's me Sin..." I whimpered, my voice finally cracking, loud sob escaping my mouth... "Please..."

He remained silent, emotionlessly staring at the tears that escaped their prison.

And with that, my world, the strong world I built up around me, shattered in pieces. My legs felt like pudding, I was sure that if I was on the ground right now, I would definitely fall on my knees. Tears were now streaming down my face in waterfalls.

"How... How could you forget?"

"Hahahaha!" Loud, arrogant laugh cut through the silence. "Oh god, how can you be so dumb? Hahaha!" Judal was clutching his stomach and laughing uncontrollably. After while, he finally managed to calm down, wiping fake tears off. "Oh but Sinbad, he didn't forget ya, he just thinks you're someone else!"

What? What is he trying to say?

Judal turned his attention to Ja'far. "It's him Jaf. When Kouen was singing to you, he was the one hurting you."