Chapter 1

SKYLARS POV

The cuts are healing. I'm gaining weight back. I'm looking healthier and healthier each day. 20. 20 years old last week, Friday. It happened 2 years ago last Friday. He abandoned me with my alcoholic and abusive parents. For what? One Direction? He didn't even try to save me.

*FLASHBACK*

"Hey, Zayn." I greeted him nervously. "Hey, gorgeous." he waved with a frown. "What's wrong?" I blushed. Did my best friend lose the XFactor? "We-- I need to talk to you... alone." he eyed my friends, Kayla and Mary. He laced his fingers within mines and we walked about a block away to our old tree house in which we hadn't been in since we were 10.

"Why are we here, Zayn?" I asked him, folding my arms. He took a deep breath and climbed into the old tree house.

"Okay, what is going on?" I asked him, frowning. "I'm leaving you.." he spoke up quietly.

"What?!" I yelled in shock. If he leaves me, I'll have to go back to my parents. "You're my best friend and if you leave me, I'll have to go back to my parents! Zayn..." I protested, holding his hand.

"Listen, I have to join this band and we'll barely see each other. Too much will happen, love." he sighed without any care on the fact that I'd have to go back to those demonic drunks of parents.

I took shivering breaths as we held each others hands. "I love you." he kissed my cheek.

"Don't you dare say that! You're so heartless!" I mumbled through my teeth slapping his hands out of mines.

"Don't make this any worse than what it already is, okay?!" he yelled.

"Me?! Me make this worse?! Wow! I thought you were different! I thought.. I loved you!" I yelled, standing up. "Bye, Zayn!" I yelled climbing down the ladder of the tree house.

I cried as I wandered the puddled streets of Bradford. Why was he leaving me? I thought he was my friend?

**END OF FLASHBACK**

"Skylar, are you ready?" Mary yelled from the front door. They were dragging me to a One Direction concert. I did not have a choice but to go and if I did, I would never in a million years go to one. That's the band that Zayn is in.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

He's so different. It's odd how I have to pay to see him because when we were 16, I used to hug him and talk to him and hang with him for free. Now he's with somebody and could care less about me. I was in love with him when he left, now, I can't describe the hatred I feel for him. I've changed dramatically as well. I started to cut after he left because of my horrid parents and because I thought it was the only way to remove the pain I felt after he left. I purposely skipped meals so I could lose weight lazily, that didn't work to much. [SKYLARS OUTFIT: EXTERNAL LINK :]

"Ready, girls?" Kayla asked once the concert was over and the arena had cleared. "Um... for what?" I asked in confusion. "We get to meet them, remember, silly?" she cheered excitedly. I had to go see Zayn?! I don't think so!

"No!" I yelled. Mary and Kayla looked at me in confusion. "I mean... I'm not going to see Zayn. I can't, I hate him." I replied nicer, shaking my head gently. "You have to! It's a dream come true!" they both shouted at the same time. "For you." I mumbled. "I'll be behind the arena waiting.." I stomped off with tears coming out of my eyes as they fangirled.

I leaned back on an old, rusty car and fixed my makeup after sobbing. Why me? What did I do to deserve this? This life? This pain? I just hope those girls get here soon so I can go home and forget that this ever happened.