.B.

.Broken Hearts.

.Travis.

   “Katie Gardner!” I yelled, desperately looking for her.

   After Katie’s ‘friendly’kiss in that moonlit maze, she hasn’t spoken to me ever since. I tried conversing with her, though she ignores me. It’s either she that, or she growls at me.

   Hours ticked and days came. Weeks passed and a whole month kissed time and left. Still no real talk with Katie. My mind whirled every night, replaying the day Flower Girl planted a kiss on my cheek, one that is dangerously close to my lips. Remembering those brief, memorable moments. The way her emerald green eyes twinkled, to the way her tawny hair raced behind her. Her thousand-watt smile. Katie Gardner is beautiful, no doubt. But reliving these memories made me miss her more.

   I trudged through those Katie Gardener-less days with sadness buried in my core. Connor tried helping me through. Not much progress, until the day he started talking to some son of Aphrodite. He said that if I asked Katie some sort of weird ass girl advice, she’d get suspicious. The daughter of Demeter isn’t stupid. I thought it was silly, but they said it was worth the trouble.

   And that’s the reason why I’m running towards the strawberry fields right at the moment. When I got there, Katie was nowhere in sight. I walked over to one of her siblings. It was the most appropriate thing to do at the moment.

   Katie’s sibling replied in a low voice, “She’s at the cabin.”

   I only nodded in reply. There were things that mattered more than gratification right then.

   The next few minutes went by in a blur. They were so brief that I only remembered bits and pieces of it. Racings back to the circle of cabins were one of them, and the moment I laid my eyes on Cabin 4.

   I was so taken aback with what I saw that I just stood there, paralyzed in time.

   Katie giggled at something Will Solace said, a son of the sun god. They sat on one of the honeysuckle-covered benches the twelve year olds laid out on their porch recently. The project is impressively majestic, though the activity on the bench wasn’t flattering — at least not for me.

   Will positioned himself close to Katie, maybe a little too close in my opinion. A guitar sat on his lap as melodies created by the son of Apollo danced around the daughter of Demeter. Katie seemed happy, with roses on her lap, no doubt from her new admirer, Will Solace.

   But Katie doesn’t like roses. She thinks they’re overrated, and she herself prefers camellias instead, a voice inside my head said.

   Why does it matter anyway? It’s not like she’s my girlfriend or anything. It’s hopeless, I snapped at the voice.

   Slowly, I turned on my heels, astonished. I heard a girl’s voice calling my name, but it seemed distant. My mind said that I don’t care anymore. Not about Katie, not even about love.

   But a small part of me still screams for Demeter’s daughter, and it was my heart.

 - * - * - * - * -

Oh gods!

I apologize for not posting regularly.

Throughout the whole month, I've finished two drabbles, I just didn't have much time to type it up and spell-check it and all, ya know?

I was kinda caught up on my Instagram and reading I'm sorry!

And again, I'm so sorry if this one was so short!

By the Angel, I need to make a schedule.

So yeah..

VOTE . FAN . COMMENT

P.S. I still don't know how to reply on the comments, sue me.