3- New Starts

“Mom,” I mumble into my phone.

“Sienna Mast, where are you?” She demands.

I lean against the wall with my duffle back over my shoulder with my phone pressed against my ear. “I’m okay.”

“That’s not what I asked,” She reminds me. “Where are you?”

“I can’t tell you,” I sigh, flicking my black hair over my shoulder. “But I’m fixing things.”

“It’s not your problem to fix,” She insists. “I don’t want you to get into any trouble, baby girl.”

“I’m not in trouble, mom, I promise. I have to go but I’ll call you some other time, okay? Does he know that I’m gone?”

“Yes and he’s furious. I’m okay though, he’s out looking for you.”

“I’m fine but I really do have to go,” I tell her again. “I’ll talk to you later, bye.”

It was Saturday when I left the house and it was Saturday when I found my Uncle Chase, so today is Sunday, the day that I’m moving into the Vaughn dorms and starting this dance school. I’m a good dancer, I’ll give myself that, but I don’t think that I’m as good as the people at this school, considering how hard it is to get into this school. I’ve been taking lessons since I could learn how to walk and it’s one of the very few things that he hasn’t taken away from me. I honestly don’t know what I’d do without dance. Maybe this summer school will be good for me, I just hope that I’m not too late by the end of the summer.

I tell my mom that I love her and I tell her to tell Jo that I love her too and then I hang up. I’m in the dorm right now and I just signed in at the front desk so the lady gave me a key to my room- Room 206 on the second floor. With my only luggage- my duffle bag- on my shoulder, I take the elevator and go up to the second floor. It takes me a minute to find my room and when I do, I knock on the door to see if anybody is in there because I know that I have a roommate. I hear talking in the room so I don’t want to interrupt them, which is why I knock.

The door swings open almost immediately and a girl with short blonde hair peeks her head around the door with a small grin on her face.

“Are you the new roommate?” She wonders.

I nod. “Um, yeah, Sienna.”

Her grin widens and then she steps out of the way so that I can enter the room that’s more like the size of a closet with bunk beds on one side, a desk on the other and then a small TV perched on top of a dresser. That’s about all that fits in the room because it’s that small. “I’m Stella, and this is my brother, Anthony.”

I notice that there’s a guy in the room, sitting on the bottom bunk with a scowl on his face. He looks a lot like this Stella girl, with blonde hair and blue eyes, but the similarities stop there. He has a narrow nose and a flat mouth while Stella has a round nose and a full mouth. Not to mention that he looks really tall even though he’s sitting down.

“He was just going,” Stella finishes, shooting her brother a look. I think that I’ve interrupted something.

“No I wasn’t,” The Anthony guy refutes. “We were talking.”

“Well obviously, I have to get to know my roommate, so leave and we’ll talk about this later,” She decides, giving him a firm look.

“I don’t want to interrupt,” I say politely. “I’m hungry anyway so I’ll just go get something to eat or something and come back later.”

“No,” Stella says quickly. “It’s totally fine. He’s being a brat anyway.”

“Okay, whatever,” Anthony grumbles, standing up from the bottom bunk and giving me some impatient kind of glare. “You have fun with your new redneck roommate and we’ll talk later then.”