Emmeline - apparation, bad choice.

Emmeline Vance

Of course, they decided to apparate because in a situation when an unknown number of death eaters start firing curses at you, apparating is the most logical choice. I can't deny that but it doesn't mean I agree with James or Sirius or whoever shouted apparate because, this is just my luck, I never passed my apparation test.

Yes and to make it even worse, the only person who knows is Marlene, we're best friends after all, even if I wanted to, I could never keep anything important from that girl, but do you want to know the real killer? Marlene just disapperated with Sirius.

Now you understand my immense dislike of apparation, not only am I helpless, and I really hate being helpless, but the only person who knows that I'm helpless has just disapperated. Do you think if I just started running down the mountain the death eaters would ignore me? No, I guess they wouldn't.

"Emme, Emmeline," I looked up to see Remus standing over me, looking a little worried, well, I guess, he has a right to look confused, I mean what kind of idiot consciously sits in the middle of what could soon become a battlefield without trying to run away? An idiot who can't apparate, aka Emmeline Elizabeth Vance.

I was about to tell Remus to leave me alone when I realised, Remus was standing behind me as in Remus, who could apparate. I started grinning at him like the biggest idiot in the whole wide world.

"Emme, did you hit your head?" Remus asked, before shaking his head and continuing, "Don't worry, you can apparate with me."

I think I broke some sort of speed record as I stood up and grabbed Remus' arm, if this had of been any other time, I'm sure Remus would've looked beamused but instead he simply looked around the clearing suspiciously before apparating us both out of there.

We landed on Marlene's front garden to find James pacing, Lily trying to talk to him and Mary helping Peter who had managed to splinch himself yet again, though of course, I could say nothing, at least Peter could apparate, even if he couldn't do it well.

Remus stared at Peter and the large amount of blood coming out of his arm and immeadiatly rushed over while I turned my attention to Lily and James, trying to ignore the blood that my friends were desperately trying to stop behind me.

"Where are Marlene's parents?" I asked James and Lily. Micheal and Sara would know what to do, they always knew what to do and ever since I was a child they've been like a second set of parents, in the same way my parents and James' parents have been to Marlene, which was always handy as kids since our parents are Aurors and tend to go off on missions at a moments notice. We always had a place that felt like home though.

James looked up from the path he was treading into the grass, "I don't know!" He almost shouted, his angry expression turned apologetic though when Lily gave him one of her famous looks of death.

"Back in a minute," I yelled at them both as Lily started lecturing James about keeping his temper, they both just stared at me as I sprinted past them, heading for the door of Marlene's house.

"Mark, Millie!" I all but screeched as soon as I yanked the door open. To my surprise it wasn't Millie who answered but Mark, who had, quite creepily, might I add, appeared across the hallway.

"Yes Emmeline?" He asked with a tone of long suffering patience. I gritted my teeth, you must not lose your temper with him, Emme, remember he used to be your friend. When we were little, it used to be just the four of us, Marlene, Mark, James and I but then Mark got sorted into Slytherin and it all stopped.

"Where are your parents?" I asked in what I hoped was a civil tone.

"Why? Your little friends broke something again?" Mark asked looking faintly amused and I had to resist the temptation to punch him.