To Be Remembered

Howdy :)

This as you can tell is a Marauder's era story, about their seventh year and its SiriusMarlene and LilyJames and possibly DorcasRemus.

--------------------------------------------

LILY EVANS

"Let me get this straight," Mary McDonald started, looking around the assembled group in disbelief, "You want to spend our last day of freedom climbing a mountain?" She uttered the last three words as if the had a bad taste and I exchanged a look with Emmeline who was staring between Mary and Marlene, while biting her tongue so she didn't laugh.

The boys were of course staying out of the argument, so much for Gryffindor courage. Well to be fair, I was trying to back as far away from Marlene and Mary as I could, so I couldn't really say anything.

"Yes and so does everyone else!" Marlene retorted, her hands on her hips and one of her, 'I'm not taking crap from anyone' looks on her face.

"The only reason you want to climb the mountain is Black," Mary all but screamed, giving Marlene the darkest look I've seen since the last time they fought, "He's the only reason you want to do anything these days."

"Funny, I seem to remember that you practically ignored us for a month when you were dating Diggory." Marlene screeched, back her voice finally reaching a level that could probably only be heard by dogs.

"One time, McKinnon, one time," Mary yelled, stomping her foot, "You invited us to your house but you've been ditching us for Black all summer."

Marlene's face was bright red and when she opened her mouth no words came out but the look on her face said enough. I could imagine the string of words that would come out when she finally regained her voice.

"Are they always like this?" Remus asked from just behind me and I jumped, having the boys around took a little getting used to and when they snuck up on you with their marauder sneakiness it could be a little freaky. I wondered how Marlene and Emmeline put up with them so often.

"No they're usually-" I started, trying to deny that my friends acted like first years all of the time but then I caught Remus' eye and his knowing look and laughed, "Okay, Okay, they argue like this at least once a week, sometimes more."

Remus laughed and we both watched as Emmeline who had obviously had enough of the fighting wade into the battlefield, well between Marlene and Mary, both of whom were now pointing their wands at each other.

"That's it, you two!" I heard Emmeline say before she raised her voice and yelled in the direction of the other three marauders, "Black, get your ass over here and stop your girlfriend-"

"We're not dating, Emme."

Everyone present, except for Marlene and Sirius, snorted.  Even Peter and if Peter notices something you have to admit that its obvious and it is. Out of us girls, Marlene and Emmeline have always been the closest and they've always been close to both James and Sirius, unlike Mary and I, though we have hung out with the marauders in occasion, but never like this, over the holidays.

Every summer since first year, our little group had spent the last two weeks of summer holidays at Marlene's house and while we seemed to always be running into the marauders who were predictably staying with James' family, who were old family friends of the McKinnons, which I had not been pleased to discover when I was younger, but we'd never actually agreed to meet up and do something together like this. I guess we're all becoming more mature.

I suppose it could be another matchmaking plot to get Potter and I together but most for that to work someone, usually Marlene or Emmeline, would actually have to try to do some match making.