Chapter 23

Chapter 23

-Alyssa Taylor-

I sat down in one of the empty, blue bus seats as more people entered the bus. Today wasn't as crowded as usual, thanks to the paparazzi finding out that my life isn't that interesting. Ten stops later, my destination was right around the corner. I thanked the bus driver as I exited the bus and walked through the parking lot and into the hospital.

"Happy hump day," One of my coworkers grinned as I checked in.

"Happy Wednesday to you too," I smiled back as I placed my work bag into my designated locker. Of course, Ryan and Oliver would be free the day I have work. At least I didn't have to go through all of the trouble of deciding who to meet up with. My eyes skirt over my schedule for the day before I headed out of the employee room.

><><><><

I scurried down the halls and into one of the plain rooms where a certain freckled boy was waiting patiently. He grinned at me as I walked in and I set the tray on the counter. "So, do you just need a blood sample?"

"Yup, where are you're parents?" I replied as I pulled apart the wrapping of the alcohol prep pad. I brushed it over his index finger to disinfect it before readying the needle.

"They're in the waiting room," He said with a shrug. "You know my mom's not good with needles. Or anything medical related."

"Oh, yeah. So, are you ready?" He gave me a quick nod and I pricked his finger with the small needle. A few drops of blood fell into a sterile container and I wiped his finger before placing a bandage over it. "That's about it. We'll get your results back in a few days."

"Yeah, okay," He nodded, "Oh, and can I get your signature?"

"Um, sure. Why?" I asked as I pulled open a drawer and picked up a piece of paper. I quickly scribbled down my name and handed him the sheet.

"Your basically famous now, so I'm pretty sure that I can sell this," He grinned at me as he folded the paper and slipped it into his pocket.

"You're an idiot," I scoffed. "That won't get you anything."

"Hey, it's not nice to insult your patients," He smirked. "And yeah it will. You have a thing with Ryan Fox and through rumors, something with Oliver James too."

"I don't have something with Oliver," I said, shaking my head. We're friends, that's it.

"So, you have something with Ryan then?" He question.

"No," I frowned. "I don't have anything going on with anyone."

"Yeah, sure," He smirked, "and I'm not recovering."

I rolled my eyes at him. "Come on, it's time for you to go."

He nodded, "Okay, well bye have fun with Ryan." I rolled my eyes and waved him off. I pulled some disinfecting wipes out of a container and ran over the counter with them. I finished the quick cleaning and as I walked out of the room, I ran into Freckles.

"Hey, I thought you were leaving." I said as I move around him, trying to go towards my next destination.

"There's someone in the waiting room for you," He grinned.

"And they sent you to get me?" I asked with a raised brow. It was a bit strange to have them send Jake out to get me. He's done it a couple of times, but usually never when he's about to leave.

"Oh, I volunteered," He nodded at me. "Come on." He pulled my wrist and urged me to the waiting room. I followed him down the blue and white tiled halls to the carpeted waiting room where a few people were sitting and playing on their phones.