SHOT ONE: You Are Only MINE

"Khushi Bitiya!"

Nani called her, while she was busy arranging some clothes in the closet.

"Yes Nani?" She answered, seeing Nani standing at the doorstep of her room.

"We are going for the Satsang.. It will go on for 2-3 hours, so we won't be having dinner at home tonight. All the arrangements are done there itself. Is chote home yet?" 

Nani enquired.

"No Naniji.. He might be late. I think he has some important meeting today." She replied.

"Ok, khushi bitiya. No problem. You have your dinner in time."

"Yes naniji..And please take care of di. After all this mess, she is going out somewhere for the first time."

"Don't worry dear. Anjali bitiya would be fine."

And saying this nani patted on khushi's shoulder and left for the religious gathering.

*

Khushi was all alone in the house.

For a person like Khushi, who was always chirpy and talkative, staying alone was really something difficult. Her best friend NK too wasn't there. He had a date planned with his pen friend.

Sitting on the bed, she had glimpses of the scene that took place in the morning between Arnav and her, in this same room.

*

"To my dear wife, Khushi Kumari Gupta Singh Raizada"

She was very fond of her new name.

The rejoice of belonging to the man you love more than your own life, to have his name entwined with yours for life, just the way your fingers are entwined with his, for ever.

It was an exquisite feeling..

"BUT, He won't ever understand.."

She muttered to herself.

He was ASR, who believed he was the Master of the Universe!

For whom saying few simple words like "Happy Birthday" to the woman he claimed to love, seemed implausible.

She sighed and came out of her deep thoughts and her sight shifted to the red saree gifted by that same ASR.. The same Arnav.. Her HUSBAND.

She loved it.. She loved every bit of it..

..Why wouldn't she?

It was chosen by him.. FOR her..

But only if he could confess.. TO her.. Rather than playing a game of "hide and seek"..

" Pal mein Shaitan ..Pal mein Rajkumar"..

She was all alone in the house but her mind was occupied by his thoughts.

Why was it so.. ?

That every time he was near.. She would pretend as if she doesn't care.

But every time, he would be away.. She would die for just a glance of him?

'Nafrat Paas aane na de.. Mohabbat door jane na de'