6

-----

"Stop here." Opal told them as they reached her driveway, she hopped out of the truck with Ava behind her. She turned to see Kristopher, his elbow hanging out of the window, his cold eyes looking down on her, "Thanks for the ride."

He nodded and drover off, Opal sighed and turned around to Ava who stood staring into space. Opal began up her driveway, "Come on let's go, it's hot out here."

They walked up and to Opal's front door, she took the key from her pocket and unlocked it, they walked into the cool house, "No one's home?" asked Ava.

Opal nodded, "Not for awhile."

Opal tossed her back pack to the ground in the empty quiet house, Ava did the same and followed her into the kitchen. Opal poured herself a cup of water, "Want any?" she asked, Ava shook her head as Opal chugged the water and set the glass down.

They stayed silent for awhile, the sound of the water dripping from the sink seemed loud in the quiet room. Opal ran her finger along the brim of the glass staring down at it, Ava sighed, "Let's go do some research."

Ava plopped herself down at Opal's computer desk, Opal stood beside her as Ava logged on and opened a tab, "Yin and yang..." she said as she typed it in the search bar.

Opal locked her eyes on the screen, "A wiki article, perfect..." Ava mumbled dragging the mouse to click on it.

The long paragraph popped up, Ava sighed and scrolled down till they got to a picture of it. It was the circle one half black and the other white. The black had a white dot, and the white had the opposite. They were curved, and looked like fish, like Opal had said.

"Yin," Ava read aloud, "Night, Passive, Moon, Cold, soft, slow.." then she paused, "Death."

Ava stayed quiet for a bit, Opal opened her mouth but Ava interjected, "Yang," she began, "Day, Active, Sun, Hot, Hard," then she again paused, "Life."

Opal took a deep breath, "Are they saying....we're life and death?" she asked.

Ava slumped back in the chair, "Looks like it..."

"That's pretty depressing if you ask me..."

"Yep."

Suddenly Opal stomped her foot and turned to fall face first into her soft bed, Ava turned to look at her. Opal lay in silence her face just buried into the blankets, "This can't be real..." she quietly mumbled, "This, it just has to be a dream."

Ava sighed and turned back around to scroll down the article more, "Well I don't think we're waking up anytime soon..."

"He tried to kill us."

Ava stopped.

"He tried...he wanted...he wasn't who he said he was. And he tried to kill us."

"Jayden?"

"Yeah."

Opal then pushed herself up from the bed standing up and hugging herself, "I'm scared Ava..."

"Just look on the bright side kid..." Opal listened to for the bright side, but Ava went quiet in thought.

Opal rolled her eyes, "What bright side?"

Ava stayed quiet as she nervously darted her eyes around the room and Opal groaned falling back onto the bed. Ava snapped and smiled, "We have servants now!"

Opal glared over at her, Ava shrugged and rested her head on the desk, "Just trying to lighten the mood..." she mumbled. Opal crawled over to the top of her bed and rested her head on a pillow, her bright red hair fell into her pale face. Ava sat quietly at the computer then stood up and made her way to the door, "See you tomorrow kid."