Despicable Arrogance One Shot (Winning Entry)

So to start this off, let me just inform everyone that I do not own Sebastian, Audrey, Grayson or Rodencia Academy. Those are all from istolethecookiez story "Despicable Arrogance."

Amber, Archie and Gene are of my own creation though.

This one shot was inspired by Despicable Arrogance. If you haven't already, go check out that story!!

Okay, so here it is - my entry for the one shot contest.

***************

First days are always hard. Always. 

Whether it kindergarten, middle school, or your first day of high school, the clenching inside your stomach completely takes you over and the only thing that you can think of is the first impression you will bestow upon the group of peers about to enter into your life. 

Really the same could be said for Sebastian. As he stared up at the large building in front of him, people were walking down the pathways, already engrossed in their conversations and scurrying to find their dorms and greet the room mates they were glued to for the next year. He wondered how they could blend so easily, as of their lives hadn't just completely changed. As if the world remained exactly the same. For him, this was a curve ball he expected, but hadn't really prepared for. 

Now, Sebastian was a laid back kind of guy. Taking things as they came at him seemed to be second nature and he adapted quite fast. However, even a smooth and suave guy like him could feel the strain of life at times. 

This would be one of those times. 

Here, in this brand new environment, all bets were off. Whatever popularity or rep he had worked for in high school disappeared the second he gradual. Now, he reeked of fresh meat, joining a football team that most likely didn't even need him. He would have to work hard for his position and it would be a hard road for him to walk. 

Taking his first steps into his college, a college well known for its football program, Sebastian adjusted his grip on the first box from his car. Rolling his right arm, he wiggled the strap of the bag on his shoulder, the one that only added to the strain. Nudging the door open with his hip, Sebastian chanted his room number over and over in his head as he climbed the stairs. The elevator obviously stood out as the first choice as a means of transportation, but the line for it seemed to have a line a mile long. The stairs seemed like a quicker option and he decided to gamble on it. 

About halfway up, though, he wished that he would have waited fifteen minutes and just taken the elevator. "Not to mention the fact that I have an entire car load of crap out there." he muttered to himself, finally planting himself on the floor that he needed. 

Scanning the numbers as he walked, Sebastian continued to mutter the room number he had been assigned. 

"Finally." he breathed out, thankful to be rid of the load in his arms. Setting the box on the floor, Sebastian dug the room key out of his pocket and unlocked the door. Throwing open the door, it became clear that someone had already been in the room, a stake being claimed on one of the beds in the form of a large mound of clothing. 

Sebastian flopped his box and bag down on the opposite bed, the one pressed up against the wall. He didn't mind that his room mate claimed the window bed. It got colder over there, anyways. 

"I spy a room mate!" 

Arching one eyebrow, Sebastian looked over his shoulder to find two guys standing there, one with an armful of bedding and the other just existing. The one with bedding threw it on the already occupied bed and turned to Sebastian with a grin. "Looks like we're going to be stuck with each other for the rest of the year. The names Archie."