Chapter 107

I'm currently cooking dinner for Eli and I. Avalyn is asleep upstairs.

Once I turn off the stove I sit on the couch to relax and watch the prison break series.

It's now 6:30 in the evening and Eli still isn't home. However, I don't think much of it since he is the CEO now and I'm sure there's so much to do.

Ring Ring

I hear my phone vibrating like crazy on the coffee table and I furrow my brows confusion setting in seeing Nathan's name flashing on the phone screen.

The last time I saw Nathan was at the beach when he basically agreed with that one irrelevant bitch who called me a slut.

Why is he calling me now or maybe he dialed the wrong number?

I decide to answer after all he still is a special person to me. No matter what has happened I do care for him.

"Hello"

"Hi Gia, it's Nathan I know this is so out of the blue, but I really want to apologize and speak to you.. I was such an asshole", Nathan says on the phone sounding a bit nervous.

"It is so out of the blue Nate after all this time you barely want to apologize?"

"Gia, you were the love of my life still are just put yourself in my shoes if you loved me with all of your heart and someone just comes and takes me away?", Nathan says sounding a bit hurt still.

As much as I want to dismiss Nathan. He's so right. How would I feel if someone just comes and snatches Eli away from me? I would be exactly like Nathan.

"I'm so sorry Nathan I never wanted to hurt you nor meant for things to go the way they did believe it or not I do still care for you a lot", I huff through the phone.

"Can we meet somewhere and talk? I would still want to have you as a friend"

"Yes sure I'll text you my address drop by right now. I can't really go anywhere due to having my baby", I mumble.

"That's right I'm such an idiot. Boy or girl?", Nathan clears his throat.

"Girl"

"Congratulations Gia I'm happy for you on your bundle of joy. I'll be heading over right now thank you for giving me a chance after everything"

"Thank you Nathan, your a good man you deserve it", I smile clicking the end button texting him my address.

Suddenly, I hear a noise in the kitchen sounding like footsteps.

I quickly stand up from the couch making my way into the kitchen. Turning the lights on I glance around seeing nothing.

I continue to walk further into the dining room which is connected to the kitchen room until my barefoot steps on a tiny broken glass.

"Fuck!", I wince in pain leaning on the wall lifting my foot up seeing the piece of broken glass stuck in my flesh.

I pull it out blood bursting out from the small cut.

Why is there a piece of glass on my floor?

As I look at the area where I stepped on. I noticed more pieces of broken glass all over the floor. I scrunch my brows together following the trail of broken glass noticing a huge hole on the glass door.

My eyes widen feeling my heart thump faster hot and cold hitting all at once as I realize a burglar is in the house.

Avalyn

I turn my heel to run upstairs to get my baby, but instead I bumped into a blue eyed tall muscular man wearing all black with a ski mask on his face.