6

Na Jaemin

It's Thursday. I haven't heard anything from Da Eun since then. She stopped sending me messages on Sunday. She stopped bringing me food she cooked.

"Da Eun got a work. You heard?" My mother asked so I nodded. "I drove her there on the day of her interview."

"Ah! She kept saying she was lucky she arrived early on her interview because of that. She wanted to thank you personally but she said you told her you'll be busy. She didn't want to disturb you."

"Remember the cake, pasta, cookies, and salad we had these days? She brought them here everyday to thank you." Father said.

"She seemed like in a hurry. She didn't want to interrupt you on your school works so she'd rather leave immediately." My mother said. "I think you should thank her later. The food was really good." She added and my father agreed.

I just nodded so they'll stop.

"Promise me." My mom said and I nodded, without even thinking.

I finished my meal and went quickly back to my room. I peeked through my window to check up on her. Her windows are closed. Even the curtains were down.

Is she not home?

I checked on her online, and she was online five hours ago.

So instead, I sent her a text.

"What's up?"