#02 First Steps

LIAM:

"Let’s get you out of these pyjamas, then go see Daddy. How does that sound Emmy?" you cooed to the little girl on your hip. She smiled tiredly and rested her head on your shoulder. You kissed her forehead, before placing her on the floor, near her doll house. "Up Up," she lisped and griped your top. You knelt down beside her as you heard footsteps coming up the stairs and down the hallway. "Emmy, who’s that?" you whispered and brushed her hair out of her face. She stayed beside you and watched the doorway with careful eyes. Her face lit up as Liam walked in. "There my beautiful girls are," he said, smiling. "Dada Up," Amelia whined and lifted her hands up. Liam raised his eyebrow and knelt down. "You can walk to me Sweet pea, come on," he said softly. She looked at him; matching brown eyes locking. She slowly pushed off you and took a step towards her father. Your mouth dropped open slightly in surprise. "Emmy, that’s perfect," he encouraged as she shakily wobbled towards him. Liam moved a little, meeting her half way. She giggled and wrapped her little arms around his neck. Liam scooped Amelia up in his arm, making the little girl squeal in delight. "Dada," she giggled as he kissed her cheek. "Sweet pea, you did it," he looked at you and smiled, "you’re growing up so fast."

LOUIS:

"Soon he won’t be hanging on to the furniture," Louis said, watching Noah stand up against the coffee table. You smiled at your little boy. "I know Lou. I’m excited but it also means he will be running around here sooner than you think," you added. Louis couldn’t wait; he wanted to chase his boy around the house and play soccer with him. "I want to see if he will walk today," he suggested. You giggled and shook your head playfully. Louis moved to the other end of the couch and looked back at the little boy. "Noah," he said, making him turn his head. "Dada," Noah smiled and reached out a little hand to his father. "Come on then," Louis encouraged, opening his arms for him. You gasped as Noah let go of the table and took a shaky step on his little legs. "That’s it, keep going," he said, as Noah blue eyes lit up and took another step. "Oh Lou, he’s walking," you squealed happily. Noah stopped at hearing your voice and smiled widely. "Mama," he lisped and took a step towards you, forgetting about his father. Louis sighed sadly but watched with careful eyes. "A little more Noah," you said, as he wobbly walked towards you. "Oh Noah, you finally did it," you picked him up and sat him on your lap. Louis moved closer to you both and ruffled his son brown hair. "So proud of you little man," he said happily.

NIALL:

As the twins played happily with their toys, you sat on the floor, while Niall was on the chair watching Derby play. Declan dropped his toy train and crawled towards you. “Hello darling,” you said and pulled him on your lap. He giggled and stood up, him little cubby hands on your shoulders. Niall looked from the tv to you and his son. He quickly sat up, moving to the edge of the couch. “Buddy,” he said, making Declan look at him. “Dada,” he lisped and turned around. “Ni, I think he is going to walk,” you whispered excitedly. Niall chuckled and held out his hands. “Come on Buddy, that’s it,” he said, smiling as his little boy took a few wobbly steps on his little legs. After a few more steps, he reached Niall and wrapped his arms about his leg. “He walked Ni,” you whispered. “Good job little man,” Niall kissed his head. “Decc,” Cora squealed at her twin brother and stood up herself. “Core-ra,” he giggled. You bit your lip and you looked at her. “Come on Corabear, come to Daddy,” Niall said excited, keeping one hand on Declan’s back, the other reaching out towards his little girl. She giggled and took a step, loving the attention she was getting. You sat up on your knees as you watched her take a few shaky steps. She squealed as she reached her brother and father. “Oh my god, Princess, they both walked,” Niall chuckled and picked the twins up; one in each arm and sat them in his lap. You quickly jumped off the ground and rushed towards them. “I’m so proud of you both,” you kissed both their cheeks, “My clever little babies.”

HARRY:

As you walked upstairs towards the master bedroom, you heard Harry’s voice. He was sitting on the floor with Spencer standing in between his legs. She had her little hands on his cheeks as he tried to talk to her. She giggled and quickly looked up at you when she heard you in the doorway. “Mama,” she giggled and dropped her hands. “Hey Spence, you playing with Daddy?” you cooed and knelt down. As you opened your arms for her, she pushed off Harry and shakily stepped towards you. “Harry, she’s going to walk,” you said excitedly, making Harry gasp. Spencer froze a little scared by your excitement and fell down into her bum. “Oh Angel,” you whispered and kissed her head, “let’s try again.” You carefully stood her back up. “Wait, wait, I need the camera or at least my phone,” he said, quickly running out of the room. “I can’t stop her from walking Haz, but if you want to see her take her first steps, hurry back,” you said, not taking your eyes off Spencer. The little girl smiled again and reached her arms out to you. You gently took her little cubby hands in yours and helped her walk to you. In that moment Harry appeared behind you, recording it on this phone. “That’s my girl Spence,” you encouraged, as she took more shaky steps. “She’s walking Sweetheart, our baby girl is walking,” he whispered.

ZAYN:

"Dada," Kaiden grabbed into Zayn’s fingers and looked up at his father. Zayn took a small step. Kaiden had been standing for a while and walking by holding onto the furniture, but wouldn’t walk on his own. "Wheres Mummy?" he cooed, and slowly walked with little boy towards you. He stopped in the doorway and smiled at you. "Mama," Kaiden squealed. He let go of one of Zayn’s hand and reached out to you. You gasped  at your two favourite boys. "Hey Z and K," you smiled and looked from Kaiden to Zayn. "Is he walking?" you whispered, trying to hide you excitement. "Still only with help, but it won’t be long before he walks on his own babygirl," he replied happily and knelt down behind his little boy. "Mama," Kaiden repeated, a cheeky smile on his face, showing his baby teeth. You raised an eyebrow at your husband and got an idea. You knelt down a few feet away from them and opened your arms. "Come to Mummy Kade," you smiled. Zayn let go of his son other hand as Kaiden took a wobbly step to you. You smiled wider as he took another step. "That’s it K," you whispered. He took a few more, before crashing into you. You wrapped your arms around his little body. "You took your first steps, I’m so proud of you Kaiden," you said, kissing his head, "come you walk back to Daddy now?"