Still the One

A/N This is a one shot based on One Direction’s song Still the One. Lyrics are in italics. Song is on the side. In the lyrics, I’ve just changed the gender so that it works! Hope you enjoy :)

Still the One

Louis’ POV

Hello, hello, I know it's been a while
But baby, I got something that I really wanna let you know, yeah
Something that I wanna let you know, oh, oh, oh

I took a deep breath before walking up the path towards his house. My hands were sweating, my heart was beating quickly and I was almost hyperventilating. Why? Because I haven’t properly talked to him since that incident. We’ve only talked when we had to.

When I got to the magnificent front door I raised my hand and pressed the doorbell. Somehow I managed to hear footsteps over my rapidly beating heart and ever so slowly the front door opened.

He glanced at me before shaking his head and going back to close the door.

“Wait. I know it’s been a while but I got something that I really want to let you know,” I said to him.

You say, you say to everybody that you hate me
Couldn't blame you 'cause I know I left you all alone, yeah
I know that I left you all alone

He looked at me before sighing indicating for me to continue.

“I know you say to everybody that you hate me. I heard you say it to the boys and to management and everybody but I don’t blame you because I know that I left you alone for Eleanor. I would hate me if I was in your position,” I said to him.

Yeah, now I'm back at your door
You're looking at me unsure
I should've seen it before
You're all I think about, baby

“Now I’m back here. Back at the door that I’ve walked through so many times but this time it’s different because we’re not together but I should’ve seen it earlier. You’re all I think about. Whenever I’m with Eleanor, anywhere. You’re all I think about,” I continued.

I was so stupid for letting you go
But I-I-I know you're still the one
You might have moved on
But boy, you should know
That I-I-I know you're still the one

“What I’m trying to say is that I was so so so stupid for letting you go. I know you’ve moved on and are dating Kendall now but what I wanted you to know is that to me, you’re still the one,” I said to him.

I know I’m saying too much
But I will never give up
I was so stupid for letting you go
But I-I-I know you're still the one
I-I-I know you're still the one

“I know I’m probably saying way too much and you’re too kind to kick me out but I won’t give up until you tell me that you don’t love me anymore or that you love me because I know you’re still the one,” I said to him, before turning away and walking away from his house, my head hung low as he didn’t run after me to stop me instead hearing the closing of the door behind me.

Hello, hello, I'm really hoping you'll forgive me
I keep talking, begging, tell me what I wanna hear, yeah
Boy, just tell me what I wanna hear

I looked back at the closed door before turning back and running towards the door again, knocking loudly and quickly on the door again.

“What do you want, Louis?” he said, grumbling at me.

“I. I just. I just really hope you’ll forgive me for what I did. I know it wasn’t right of me to leave what we had and leave you for Eleanor. I really would like you to forgive me. What do I have to do to get your forgiveness? I’m sorry that I keep talking and begging you to forgive me but boy, I just want to hear you say that you forgive me,” I said to him, panting a bit as I lost my breath from running up the long pathway to his door.

I tried, I tried to start again and find somebody
But I remember all the times and all the words we said, yeah
I can't get it out of my head, yeah

“If you won’t forgive me, I’ll try and try to find somebody else to feel the hole in my heart but I know I will never find someone else who is able to fill that hole. It’s a Harry-shaped hole. Whenever I was with Eleanor, I remembered all the things we did together. I tried to fill the hole with her but i remembered all those little things. All the secret glances, the secret smiles, the secret dates and the countless I love you’s. I can’t get it out of my head. That’s why I broke up with her. I couldn’t get you out of my head.”

Now I'm back at your door
You're looking at me unsure
I should've seen it before
You're all I think about, baby

“Please. I know I should’ve seen it before. Before all of this but you’re all I think about,” I said. By now I was pretty much on my knees begging. Not literally but I was begging. My hands were knotted together tightly, sweating. My voice was pleading and my eyes were silently begging him.

I was so stupid for letting you go
But I-I-I know you're still the one
You might have moved on
But boy, you should know
That I-I-I know you're still the one

“I know I’ve said it before but letting you go was one of the worst, actually the worst decision I’ve ever made in my life. I was so stupid for letting you go. But there’s one person for every person in the world and I know you’re the one for me. You’re my best mate, soul mate, the person who I want to spend the rest of my life with.”

I know I’m saying too much
But I will never give up
I was so stupid for letting you go
But I-I-I know you're still the one

“I know I was stupid for letting you go but if I have to, I will spend the rest of my life trying to earn your forgiveness.”

Hey you, you're still the one
Hey you-

You're still the one

I know I’m saying too much (Yeah)
But I will never give up (C'mon)
I was so stupid for letting you go
But I-I-I know you're still the one
I-I-I know you're still the one

“I know I’ve been blabbing on all this time and it’s freezing out here but I don’t care because I have to make up for the stupid mistake of letting you go cause I know you’re,” I said before being cut off.

“Still the one. I know, Louis. As much as I’d like to say I don’t want to have anything to do with you I can’t,” he began saying before I cut him off.

“Because we’re in a band together,” I said, smiling at him. He rolled his eyes at me but chuckled a bit before continuing.

“Anyways, what I was trying to say before I was rudely interrupted,” he said to which I childishly stuck my tongue at him. “I’d like to say I don’t want to have anything to do with you, I can’t because. Because I’ve been trying to fill my Louis-shaped hole with Kendall but nobody can fill it but you and I want it to be full.”

“Harry. You’re turning into Zayn. What are you trying to say?” I asked him, although I had a good idea of what he was trying to say.

“I know you know what I’m getting at, Louis but I’ll say it anyways. I forgive you, Louis and I love you,” he said. I smiled widely before grabbing his arm, pulling him gently closer to me.

“Now kiss me you fool,” I said to him.

“Why should I if you’re going to be rude and call me a fool?” he asked me.

“Because I know you’re still the one,” I said, before leaning over and kissing him.

A/N Another one-shot :) Louis’ POV this time! Bit different since all the one-shots I’ve written have been in Harry’s POV. What did you think of this one? Comment below! Vote and Share :D

Thank you

Rebecca :D