Chapter 5: ~A blue soul and a white light~

The wraith drank heavily from Rouge, slurping and sucking immensely. The wraith so caught up in his prey didn’t even flinch at the sound of the sword slipping from Rouge’s practically lifeless hand. Clank! It sounded as the sword it the floor, Katiana’s eyes darted towards it. Her fingers twitched for the slightest second, debating whether she should run for it. It was so close to the wraith and Rouge. If she could grasp it, what would she do? Would she grasp the hilt with her hands and try to smite the wraith, or will the hurt Rouge in the process?

Questions, they flooded her mind one by one and as they did the time began to dwindle down. One second, two, three seconds, half a minute. Katiana’s seconds would soon turn into minutes, and she didn’t have that kind of time. Her fingers curled into themselves making a fist. She clenched her fist then took a deep breath and decided to go for it. Taking action is better than leaving a comrade to die at the hands of an enemy.

Grounding her teeth she felt the perspiration start to form on her forehead as her heart raised. Pulling back she leapt off of her left foot, moving as fast as she could she dived for the sword. She could feel the wraiths eyes on her as her fingers slid underneath the hit that lay dormant and cool. Grasping it tightly she turned her back to the wraith then pushed off the ground with her arm. Swinging the sword she’d never laid her hands on before she let it fall where it may. The sword landed directly in the middle of the two. Right down the middle of Rouge’s arctic blue soul.

The three of them all cried out in pain, it was like a threatening electric shock pulsed through them all at that moment. A deep harboring shock ran through their bodies and Rouge yelped the loudest, while the wraith staggered backwards momentarily stunned. Katiana pushed through this, though she was a little dazed she noticed the wraith coming back for another attack.

Katiana did the only thing she could think of doing in that little time. Placing her hands out in front of her she stood fast. As soon as the wraith collided with her she pushed as hard as she could. She closed her eyes as she pushed, they didn’t stay closed for long. It was as if she could see a bright light coming from their collision and as she slowly opened her eyes to check, she could see that that’s what it was. A bright white light came from her hands and the wraith screeched. Its howl made her want to cover her ears but she pushed on keeping her hands steadily on the wraith before her.

Slowly, it seemed the wraith started to disappear. One dark tendril then another started to disappear from the earth, then all at once the wraith shrieks of agony were turned into silence and the wraith was gone.

Katiana stood there silently along with her hands stretched out as if another was about to come at her any moment. But her focus was ripped from her when the sight of one of their golden crystals formed in mid air then plummeted to the ground. Immediately Katiana crouched down and looked at it. Inside of it, it looked to be turning black all at once but a second later it went back to its original color. Grasping it in her hand she searched her corset for pockets but there were none. A groan from behind her made her jump and turn around quickly.

Katiana rushed to Rouge’s side as she totally forgot about him just before then. Her hands hovered over him as she wondered whether it’d be alright to touch him or not. Just to fully examine his wounds. Biting her lip she brushed off the concern and grabbed the man by his vest and tried to push him up against a wall.