Chapter 4

Chapter 4

Spencer flashed a shy smile before saying " Hello, very nice to meet you" and before she knew it her hand was picked up by him and kissed gently. He lifted his head up toward her. He was handsome. Spencer had to give him that. Not to bad for a French dude to be honest. 

"It is a pleasure to meet such a beautiful lady" he said, his blue eyes seem to shine as he replied to her. 

"Alexander this is Charlotte one of the queens royal ambassador." Adela said with a playful smirk on her face. She was defiantly trying to set the two up together, "Well I'll leave you two to talk. Enjoy the night kids." and with that Adela was headed back towards the grand white house hastily.

"Uhh.. I heard you study biology in university?" was all Spence managed. He's so handsome. Damn he must work out toooo! Why was she acting like this? Usually she was calm and collected. She needed to focus on that big picture and stop fooling around. 

Alexander chuckled before answering. Even his laugh was handsome. "My mother filled you in already?" he ran his fingers in his light brown hair.

"Uhh.. Not really it came up briefly" Spencer sarcastically

He turned to a near by sever picking up two glasses of champagne. Handing her one, "I would like to apologies on behalf of her, she tends to be... in a rush these days now that I'm out of university."

 "Does her idea of being in a rush have to do with finding a wife for you?" Spencer questions playfully as she sipped on the champagne.

"You are one hundred percent right." he said, "it's a bit excessive, she catalogues every possible 'candidate' into this huge book and makes me go through it every month." he gestures her towards the garden suggesting she join him for a walk. She agreed silently.

"Oh so it's kind of like The Bachelor" Spencer laugh. She was surprised with herself for the first time because she was slightly, maybe possibly... enjoying herself? "it must me so horrible having girls practically thrown at you" 

"You have know idea" he said smirking charmingly. He was handsome. Very, very handsome. Was she making it obvious? Because she couldn't stop staring. Light brown hair that looked to soft, deep blue eye that when she looked into them she felt like she could get lost, he had a beautiful jaw line and a little stubble on his face that she found so sexy. Not to mention he was defiantly built. 

"You have an quite distinguish English accent." Spencer pointed out, "why so?" stopping to admire the purple flowers. They were so beautifully delicate, a true work of art.

"I was at  boarding school every since I was a kid, in London. And to top that went to Oxford." he said, "if I am correct you finish your studies"

"Yes at M.I.T" she said 

"Computer science?"

"Physic and biology as well." she corrected  smiling, something that she could stop doing since she was introduce to the lovely French men. Alexander didn't say anything for a while, his face deep in thought as if he was thinking of the right thing to say, "does that surprise you?" was all she could manage laughing nervously. 

"A a a bit" he said almost dumbfounded, "I would have guessed Cambridge or even Manchester possibly." he recovered his composure. 

"Do I sound that posh?" he nodded Spencer gasped, "If  am I mistaken  monsieur 'I went to boarding school since I was a kid', you went to Oxford."

"Ou touché" he laughed 

Spencer glance around the party and laughed silently at a pair of men, at the corner of her eye was her dad and the prime minister back outside, this time seated at a table. She could tell how much fun he was having by the way he rolled his eyes every so slightly at the round man when he wasn't looking. Oh, and how the prime minister talked, Spencer didn't have to hear to know that the little man was talking up a storm.