Chapter 17

Jeff's POV

The day I had become what I am today, was the day I finally loved myself. I felt powerful, as if I could do anything I dreamed of. I hope this is what Miranda will feel. If not, she'll come around. I'll make sure of it.

She was laying on her bed, sheets twisted around her legs. Her T-shirt barely covered her underwear, and I let a small smile slip out. Jack was waiting outside, so I could bring her down and take her somewhere where no one would smell the smoke. He had gathered some of the others too.

"Mandy, wake up."

I shook her arm, and her eyes flew open.

"What are you doing here, Jeff?"

Her eyes were bloodshot, and her cheeks were still slick with tears.

"You've been crying? What happened, Mandy?"

She turned on her other side, not answering.

"Then I have a surprise for you. You might be mad at me when you wake up, though."

She turned to face me again, eyes hesitant. Before she could open her mouth I hit her on the head with the hilt of my knife. I lifted her up and kissed her forehead. I dressed her and carried her downstairs.

Once we were outside, Jack, Ben Drowned and Slenderman joined us. They only joined with us for special occasions. Obviously this was special, since I was the only one who had any sort of lady friend.

"Is she ready?" Ben asked.

I nodded. Slendy offered to carry her, but I did it myself. I carried her all the way back to our house. Jack opened the door for me and I laid her on the couch. Ben went to get the alcohol while Slendy stood ominously in the corner.

"Did she agree to this?" Slendy asked.

"Well, no. Not exactly. But she'll love it, I know it. We can be together forever now."

Slendy walked over to Mandy and pulled out his tentacle thingies.

"What are you doing?"

"I can render her unconscious until the process is done, if you'd like. Then the humans can heal her while in a coma. If you'd like," he added.

"Yes, I'd like that. How long will it take them to heal her?"

"I'm not sure, but I can wake her up whenever you'd like."

I took her hand and kissed it, hoping for her to be safe.

"Then yes, I'd like you to do that."

His tentacles slithered over to her head, and I could see her eyes stop moving, her breathing slow, and her muscles relax. The tentacles were hidden again, and she was still alive.

"Uh, Jeff? How do we know when to put her out?" Jack asked.

"We do it the exact way that I did. Can't anyone tell when someone's dying?"

"No, but-"

"The bleach! Oh god, I forgot about the bleach. What are we going to do now? Our plan is fucking ruined!"

They were all staring at me as if I was crazier than usual.

"Jeff, we can get bleach," Ben explained slowly.

"I'll go get it," Jack offered, "just don't start without me."

He left to get it, so I sat next to Miranda on the couch. Her hands were cold, so I rubbed them between mine. Ben looked over at Slendy warily. Slendy shook his head slightly, so that I wouldn't see it.

"If you guys are talking about me, could you at least talk?"

Ben looked away sympathetically. Slendy stared at nothing, his face void of anything. They went upstairs, leaving me alone. I wanted to go see what they were talking about, but before I could move I was asleep.

Mandy's POV

I was swimming around in my subconscious, trying to hear what they were saying. Jeff had said something about bleach, then they stopped talking.

I could feel Jeff next to me, holding my hand. After Ben and Slenderman went upstairs, Jeff went slack. They came back down the stairs after Jeff was unconscious.

"Why did you do that?" Ben asked.

"He's getting worse, Ben. Crazier. The girl has no knowledge of what he wants to do."

Ben scoffed and lifted a piece of my hair.

"Since when do you choose who to kill?"

"I don't. But this isn't death. She's going to at least look like Jeff the rest of her life."

"Jeff's our friend. If he wants this, I'm going to support him on it."

"As am I," Slendy reassured, "but I want her to know I will release her from him if she wished it."

"C'mon, it's Jeff! How horrible could it be for her?"

Slendy grunted and came to stand in front of me.

Do you understand, child? I will free you if you need. Just ask.

Free me? From what?

You know what.

Jeff stirred next to me, letting go of my hand. Jack came through the door, hopefully not with bleach.

"I got it Jeff, we can do it now."

"Good. I'll bring her outside, you guys bring the other stuff."

Jeff lifted me from the couch and I sat limply as they brought me out of the house. I was placed on the ground and I could feel myself freezing already. Somebody was pouring the alcohol on me, and I tried to move.

I wish I could help you, but the best thing would be to sleep.

I smelled them open the bleach, and I cringed when it hit my skin.

Let me sleep, please. I don't want this.

I felt one of his tentacles touch my forehead, then I fell asleep.

Jack's POV

"What are you doing," I whispered to Slender.

"She was awake and wanted sleep. She told me she doesn't want this."

I looked at Jeff, who was pouring the bleach on her. I thought of telling him, but he would be crushed.

"Sorry, Mandy. I'll help you all you need," I murmured

"Are we ready to start?" Jeff asked.

Everyone nodded and I reluctantly handed Jeff the matches. He struck one, and it blazed before dimming down. I held my breath as he flicked it into Miranda. She lit up red and blue, and I had to look away. She was catching quickly, and I couldn't stand to be there any longer.