Chapter 5

"Hey!" Dean calls after his rushing little brother. "What?" Sam roles his eyes, the door propped open with his foot. "I thought you were making me dinner."

"Dean," Sam sighs, "I'm not your personal chef. Go down the street, you love that place."

"Fine," Dean huffs, "Where are you going anyway."

"I'm just going on a d–date."

"Ah, with mystery boy? I don't see why you won't tell me about him, what do you think I'm gonna do?"

"Um, I don't know, Dean. Maybe ruin my relationship, like the last one," the taller male acuses, even though they had agreed to leave it in he past. Dean nods his head, features hardened, "Low blow, Sammy."

"Dean—"

"No, you're right," he cuts off, throwing his shoulders back, "I did. Five years ago, I ruined your relationship. It's not like I've apologized every way possible or anything."

"Dean, I'm sorry."

The older Winchester shrugs his coat on and heads for the door. Dean slams something into Sam's chest, an envelope he had been messing with at the table.

Sam groans after his brother leaves. He opens the letter a minute later, reading it through. Ellen had invited Dean and him to dinner Friday.

Sam: On my way

Castiel: I'll be in the shower. Gabriel will let you in

Sam knocks on the door, leaning on the door frame. Gabriel kicks the fridge shut with his foot and heads to the door, smiling at the tall male in front of him. "Hey Sammich."

"Sammich? That's a new one," he grins. Gabriel stands and admires for a minute, studying Sam up and down again. "Are you going to leave me in the hall?"

Gabriel tints pink but quickly covers, "Sorry I thought you were the delivery man."

"Oh, you're real funny," Sam chuckles. "I know," Gabriel smirks, then bows ever so slightly, "Won't you come in."

"So is Castiel still in the shower?" Sam asks, tucking his hands into his pockets. "Yeah, Mr. Perfect feels the need to use all the hot water." Sam smiles and kind of shrugs. "Oh don't tell me you do that too!"

"What! Showers are nice!" Sam defends, crossing his arms. "You know what else is nice?"

"What's that?"

"Ice cream."

Sam just shakes his head with a muffled chuckle. Gabriel heads to the kitchen for said snack while Sam watches from the hall.

Gabriel stretches and stretches, but he can't reach the top shelf. Sam silently approaches the older guy from behind, placing a hand on his hip and stretching over him. Gabes breath hitches which Sam soon notices, pulling back slowly with a bowl in his hand. Gabriel shivers despite being in an warm apartment, he slowly turns himself so he's face to face with Sam. Sam scans Gabes face over and over for any indication on what he's thinking. Their eyes lock.

"God," Sam whispers, "I could get drunk on your whiskey eyes."

"Sam are you here?" Cas shouts as he exits the bathroom. The Winchester pulls away from the brother of his date, shyly handing him the bowl. But their eye contact doesn't break, the moment still intense. "Respond," Gabe says in a hushed tone, gulping. "Um, ye–yeah. I'm here."

Seconds later Castiels bedroom door opens back up and Gabriel quickly faces away.

"Ready to go?" Cas smiles. "Yeah, definitely."