Chapter 1

Thursday. Finally. Sam thinks to himself, checking the time yet again. Castiel and him agreed to meet at some diner in town at one, but it's only eleven-thirty, giving him another hour and ten minutes before he actually has to leave.

//Cas//

"Damnit," Castiel sighs, tipping his head back against the seat in frustration. He gets out of his car, slamming the door closed and heading back up to his apartment. "Well that was a fast date," Gabriel comments, watching his brother glare over at him.

Cas begins searching his pockets, only to realize that he left his phone down in the car. "You've got to be kidding me," he mutters, "Gabriel, give me your phone."

"Demanding Cassie, ask politely."

"Gabriel," Cas says in a warning way, getting an amused smile back. "May I please use your phone Gabriel, I need to call Sam."

"Well since you asked nicely," he pulls it from his pocket and tosses it over to an overly annoyed Castiel.

"Hello?"

"Sam..It's Castiel."

"Oh, hey. What's up?"

"My car stopped–well I don't exactly know what is going on with it but..can you come pick me up instead?"

"Um, yeah, sure," there's shuffling in the background, "Send me your address?"

"Yes. See you soon."

After he hangs up, Gabe glances his way, "Lover boy coming here?"

"Only to pick me up and don't call him that. What are you doing anyway?"

"Working," Gabriel grumbles, hitting backspace on his keyboard a few times. "How come every time I ask about your work you wont tell me about it?"

"Because bro, it's none of your business." He continues hitting different buttons, getting more irritated with his laptop. "God–you've got to be shitting me." Cas opens his mouth to protest Gabe saying 'God' in vain but is cut off with an angry finger being pointed at him, "Don't even."

//Sam//

Sam looks down at his phone, triple checking that he's not about to knock on the wrong door. Hesitantly, he raises up his hand and knocks four times, quickly tucking his hands back into his pockets. When the door swings open Sams eyes shoot up, scanning over a shorter male with dark golden hair and honey eyes. "This must be the moose I ordered last week," Gabriel mumbles mostly under his breath, not in the mood to actually make jokes. "What?"

"Nothing. Wont you come in," he says, his voice full of annoyance as he removes himself from leaning on the door and stepping aside to allow Sam in. "Cassie is in the bathroom."

"Who?"

"Geez kid, Cas..Castiel. You are Sam, correct?"

"Y-yeah," he shifts uncomfortably, feeling oddly dumb at the moment. "Okay then." For a second Gabe feels bad for being such a dick right off the bat but his computer crashing and making him redo a couple hours of work just put him in a bad mood.

"Hello Sam, I hope my brother wasn't too awful while I was in the bathroom." Gabriel doesn't look up from his computer, but he does role his eyes. "Ready to go?" Sam asks, afraid of even mentioning the man sitting about ten feet from him.

"I am..and Gabriel, please do not forget to take my car in at three. I am begging you."

"Yeah, yeah," he waves Cas off.

Cas sighs but accepts the fact that his car may or may not be fixed. He shuts the door behind him and follows Sam to his car. It's only about a fifteen minutes drive to the small restaurant from Castiels apartment.

"I don't think your brother likes me very much."

"Did he say that?" Castiel questions, taking a bite from his burger right after. "Not directly."

"If he doesn't like you, he'll tell you. Trust me."

//Gabriel//

Stupid car. Stupid job. Stupid laptop. Stupid technology.

"Can I help you?" A man asks, wiping his hands on a rag, stepping out from behind a vehicle. "Yeah, I guess so. I'm supposed to drop my brothers car off to be checked or something."

"What's wrong with it?"

"If I knew, would it be here?"

"I don't know, maybe," he shrugs, "What's the name?"

"Mine or my brothers?"

"Both."

"It's under Castiel Novak, I'm Gabriel."

The worker writes the information down, clicking the pen and setting it in between his teeth while folding the piece of paper to put in his pocket. "I'm Dean by the way." Gabe just nods. "You said this is your brothers car?"

"Yep."

"Man, he's got a crappy taste in cars." For the first time in a couple hours, Gabriel cracks a smile, "I've tried telling him, little brothers though."

"Yeah, I feel you there."

As Dean pulls the previous car out of the garage and Cas' in, he looks over his shoulder at Gabe, "You gonna stand there all day?"

"And how do you suggest I leave genius? I drove that hunk of junk here."

"Well if you're going to watch me all day, the least you could do is give me your number."

Gabriel smirks, "What makes you think I swing that way?"

"I just got a feelin'."

He crosses his arms over his chest, thinking for a minutes before nodding, "Fine." This time Dean smirks, pulling the hood of the car up to find the source of the problem.