All Mind Tricks & Meth

Azul had felt that beautiful heavenly pile calling to her. She took hold of the rolled up dollar reluctantly looking at the mesmerizing shimmering microscopical crystals, they were gently beckoning her closer until she walked over. Everything else seemed to fall away as she took a line, it wasn’t the drugs that had made everything fall away but it was the anticipation of it that had sent her into adrenaline’s clutches. At first there was nothing but the unpleasant feeling of powder drying her nostrils and causing the worst need to sneeze and cough at the same time but she fought it and after a while of confusion and slight disappointment everything changed. Nothing physically changed but yet everything did. The sensations were so alien it was impossible to capture the essence into mere words. The pleasure was far beyond tremendous and the oblivion whirlpool it tossed you into was blissful. She paid no mind to the palpitations of her heart ready to rip itself out of her chest or the loss of reason she had struggled for the pass year to keep a tight reassuring grip on. No, none of this bothered her because all she could concentrate on was the pressure. It wasn’t there. Everything was gone. Nothing of the past remained for that single moment everything had been washed away.

It wasn’t long before the guys joined her and they were all caught in a fit of laughter. There was no reason for this laughter it just came, everything was just rushing inward and nothing was being released. This laughter was different. Everything was different yet everything remained the same. It didn’t take much pressuring to get Azul to try another line and another.

Just like it didn’t take long before the room began to reel in, marking her trapped and her head began to spin counterclockwise and then clockwise then back. Her breathing was ragged and she could hear the faint drumming in the background or was that in her ears? Was that her heart? Was it normal to go that fast? When she looked up to seek out the reassurance of the males that it was normal she found a figure. A face of a friend she knew all too well, and she had to do everything she could not to get swallowed in by those blackened eyes, those voids that seemed ready to rip away anyone’s life in seconds. Her face offered no smile, no leer, not even the comfort of a glare. Thick bile appeared in her throat and she couldn’t swallow it back, her voice was caught in her throat as she stared at the pale figure and those empty eyes.

She stepped closer and Azul fell back into the ground but that didn’t stop Alisa from easing closer, following her as she crawled away the best she could until she hit a cold brick wall that is. Then her breath caught and she wished she could sink into the wall as Alisa peered closer letting her eyes drop to Azul’s. She could feel herself getting lost in the gaze as if everything had lost meaning and there was no reason anymore. The drugged had dimmed reason and these cold lifeless eyes had made it vanish along with all hope. Azul couldn’t help but let out a pathetic whimper as she turned her head away in the last attempt to save herself. With one single chill in the air everything was gone and she found herself surrounded by the guys all staring as her with worry.

“You okay?” Adolfo asked lightly shaking her shoulder.

No, no she wasn’t okay. She stood pushing him away and broke through the others, running from there as fast as she could it had become dark and cold. She stopped at an alley way to catch her breath and relieve herself from the heavy panting when Alisa’s face came to view and everything that happened came rushing back. She doubled over and heaved, she threw up everything from this day and maybe even the last until she had nothing else to vomit, her hands pressed against the filthy wall. Without a second thought she pressed her forehead to the filth coated wall that offered a cool sensation to her fevered skin. Weak and tired from the running and drugs she fell to the ground next to her waste and sat there holding back nothing. She had nothing to offer, no tears, no screams, no cries, or pleas. She was just lost in what to do.

It had been mind tricks so she shouldn’t be worked up over this, it wasn’t real after all. And if it hadn’t been mind trick it was most definitely the meth. Nothing else. She pulled out her cell that was a battered old thing she never used. It was ten o’clock in the evening, she had missed her deadline. Meth offered no comfort at a time like this.