The Truth

I sat in the passenger seat of Derek's black mustang. We were on our way to tell my dad that Derek and I have decided to go steady, or date. I'm not sure how he will take it, I'm just hoping that everything will be okay.

Derek kept glancing towards me, his face reading worry. I was terrified and so was he. My heart beat was racing, beating so loud, I could swear Derek could hear it. But then again, he is a werewolf.

When was Derek a werewolf? Is that why he would go 'running'? What else was he not telling me?

I stared out the window, looking out at the familiar houses of my neighborhood. Everyone was normal here, as far as I know. Nothing strange happened in this neighborhood. We were normal.

We pulled in front of my house, getting out as the ignition was turned off. We walked hand in hand towards my front door, both of us trembling as we did so. I opened the door, walking in with Derek following.

"Dad?" I called.

"In here!" he yelled from the living room.

We walked over towards him, no longer holding hands. We walked in as he looked up.

"Dad, I have to tell you something," I said.

"And, that would be?" he asked, his eyes looking into mine.

"I-I'm dating Derek," I confessed, taking a hold of Derek's hand.

"Y-your gay?" he questioned.

"Yeah."

"Is your last name by chance Hale?" he asked Derek.

"Yeah, how'd you know?" Derek inquired, surprised.

"Oh gosh. It's coming true," my dad sighed, sitting down in the chair next to him.

"What's coming true?" I asked.

"What's going on?" Derek questioned.

A long pause was taken before he spoke.

"Your mom's 'spirits' of her ancestors or something had said this was going to happen. Your mother even said, 'a pack member from the Hale's will be our son's soul mate,' before she, you know," he explained.

"What else did she say?" I questioned, furious from the knowledge he was keeping from me.

"I-I don't understand what she was talking about. She kept saying things that don't exist. I don't know what a 'pack member' even means," he confessed.

"Sir, Mr. Stilinski, I know this may be hard to believe, but I'm a werewolf, and so is your son's friends Scott and Isaac," Derek included.

"A werewolf?" he asked, his face in total disbelief.

"Yes, I can show you if you want," Derek suggested.

"N-no. I believe you," my dad said.

"What did she say?" I asked again.

"She said that you were a mixture if things," he added. "Some of them I don't know what they are."

"What is he?" Derek asked, his eyes focused on my dad.

"Well he's a faerie, elf, and spark. You inherited these things from your mother. You are also human, from me," my dad said, tears forming in his eyes from the loneliness without my mother.

"Dad, I'm sorry," I apologized.

"Exactly what is Stiles?" Derek asked, enthralled.

"I'm not exactly sure," he said.

"I'm a hybrid?" I asked.

"It seems like it," my dad said.

"What kinds of things can he do?" Derek questioned.

"I'm not sure. We have to call on his mothers spirits to find out more," he explained.

"We have to ask spirits what I am?" I asked slowly.

The door opened and in came Scott.

"Mr. Stilinski! Stiles is dating Derek!" Scott yelled.

"I know, my son told me," he answered.

Scott stopped, looking at Derek and I. He didn't like seeing Derek and me holding hands so he decided to spit out another thing my dad already knew.

"Derek's a werewolf!" he yelled.

"I know."

"What?" he asked, confused.

"They told me everything already. I told them what I know, and we are going to find out what my son is. If you want to go, you cannot shout. I need you all to be patient and you guys cannot fight. We need to be peaceful, or we may call upon revengeful spirits who are looking for a way to get back into our world," my dad told us.

"What?" Scott questioned, looking at me.

"I'm just a faerie, elf, and spark who's dating a werewolf. No big deal," I shrugged.

"Dude," Scott said.

"Okay we should head out. We need to stop by the store to get a few things," my dad said, grabbing the keys.

~xXx~

We grabbed sage, candles, matches, and some other herb, which I think is called wolfs bane. I looked at my dad, his laugh lines turning into wrinkles. We hurried and paid the cashier, heading towards the woods.

We got there in no time, the sky beginning to turn dark. My dad lit the candles, giving us all one. He instructed us to stand in a triangle around the fire pit, as he started the fire going. He lit the sage as he walked among the triangle, casting off the revengeful spirits.

"Come forth, we need answers! I need you here! Come forth! Show yourselves!" my dad chanted, the fire starting to take on different shapes.

"Baby?" the figure in the fire spoke.

"Honey!" my dad exclaimed.

"Is this our boy?" she asked.

"It sure is," he smiled, tears forming in his eyes.

"Has he found the Hale?" she asked, looking around.

"He has. Except the Hale is a he, not a she," my dad said.

"That's fine, just we need to train him now," she said, her voice slowly drifting away. "I got to go, spirits are coming!"

The fire broke, going out as soon as she left. I stood there, my mouth wide open with shock.

"Was that mom?" I asked.

"It was," my dad answered through the tears.

"What now?" Derek asked.

"Good question," my dad said.